Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 10:43 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,919,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
Here we go again...

No, it wasn't. You didn't read anything but that post, did you? Per usual, making your own narrative for who you want me to be. Also, they can't suspend my license here ....you'd know that if you knew what you were talking about.

If someone recklessly passed a bus, by all means, aggressively go after them. I would have paid the ticket had I thought I done something wrong. This ticket was bs. Bus driver was more aggressive than me imo in the manner that she abruptly stopped a vehicle hauling children. And there are reports of the cameras being too aggressive on their timing. You can watch the video online. The instant the camera rolls you see my truck ...meaning we're talking about a fraction of a second. Wasn't like the camera was rolling for 5 seconds and you see my truck. I was a full two lanes over too. Unless these kids are Dash from Incredibles, I don't think any children were put in harms way during the filming of my ticketed action.

-------------------

I also find it interesting that we have a law that cars two lanes over, on a 6 lane street must stop for bus. The law is the kids can't even cross a street that wide. What are we trying to avoid here? Kids who think they can cross a busy road Frogg-er style?

Revenue stream.

---------------

Speeding ticket is much different Ansley. They can't do this here or I would have paid. Although I had a very similar experience out of college as your daughter. I was hauling my companies trade booth to Myrtle Beach. Arrived around 1:30am. Tradeshow started at 9am. Upon pulling into Myrtle I miss my exit and unbeknownst to me the highway ends in North Myrtle nad a cop was sitting there waiting for people like myself not realizing the highway just turned into a street. Outstanding (also unbeknownst, but still my fault) speeding / license suspended in Georgia. Took me to jail (only because they want their money). Western Union bail/ticket money at 8am > Cab to impound lot > Get car haul butt to hotel > Shower, change > Get to convention hall set-up booth at 8:58 with my coworkers non the wiser.

---------------

(lulz Frogg-er with no dash is a banned word here?)

You obviously wear this entitled recklessness as a badge of honor. I stand by what I said, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 11:26 PM

1,709 posts, read 3,423,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
You obviously wear this entitled recklessness as a badge of honor. I stand by what I said, period.

Oh, I know that you made up your mind long ago and there is no changing that.

Last edited by ATL Golfer; 06-18-2018 at 11:41 PM..

Old 06-19-2018, 07:26 AM

https://www.myajc.com/news/local-edu...0xOBOvi6NrlmJ/

Also you guys should google how many kids are killed by the bus vs passing cars.

This is a for profit scheme. Period.

But I know how some posters here like to walk around with blinders on.

Old 06-21-2018, 05:34 AM

23,445 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:

Also you guys should google how many kids are killed by the bus vs passing cars.

But I know how some posters here like to walk around with blinders on.
Just like some like to use equivocation to justify their callous and irresponsible behavior.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:04 PM

11,777 posts, read 7,989,264 times
Quote:

I also find it interesting that we have a law that cars two lanes over, on a 6 lane street must stop for bus. The law is the kids can't even cross a street that wide. What are we trying to avoid here? Kids who think they can cross a busy road Frogg-er style?

Revenue stream.
Can you cite anything with this? I'm pretty sure that they can UNLESS its a divided highway of which is divided by a physical island median (barrier or island, not a center left turn lane)...thats pretty standard across the country as well from my knowledge. Buses generally avoid this because of the obvious dangers, but I don't think its illegal.

Old 10-05-2018, 03:24 PM

821 posts, read 725,780 times
Pretty upset right now. Driving back from work I see a school bus abruptly slowing down, I'm guessing it's gonna stop and put out the stop sign, so I stop. Didn't want to take a chance and get a ticket for passing a school bus, my wife got a ticket last year for it. All fine, when the kids get off this idiot driver doesn't turn off the red lights and the stop sign is still out. I don't move my car, the school buses passes me with the lights on and stop sign out. I finally move when the school bus passes me all the way. My question, does the camera still run if the bus is moving? I'm gonna be so pissed if I get a ticket in the mail. Seems so sketchy.

Old 01-14-2019, 09:21 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,310,772 times
Georgia Code § 40-6-163 has been changed since this thread began.
Interested people should read the official code for themselves on the LexisNexis web site.

It has some clarification for camera equipped buses.
The good news: The fines are now capped at $250 and no increases for multiple violations.

Now for the bad news. If you decide to ignore the ticket and after the final notice is mailed:
The notice shall inform the registered owner that the agent or governing body shall send a referral to the Department of Revenue if the assessed penalty and any late fee is not paid within 30 days after the final notice was mailed and that such referral shall result in the nonrenewal of the registration of such motor vehicle and shall prohibit the title transfer of such motor vehicle within this state.

Last edited by Thulsa; 01-14-2019 at 09:22 PM.. Reason: remove typos

Old 01-16-2019, 09:32 AM

654 posts, read 526,605 times
Quote:

You cannot on one hand complain about agressive enforcement of passing school buses and then use the low number of deaths as support.

Not many kids are killed BECAUSE we aggressively enforce laws that are designed to prevent kids from being killed. Surprise!

Nerc post ��

Old 01-16-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulsa View Post
Georgia Code § 40-6-163 has been changed since this thread began.
Interested people should read the official code for themselves on the LexisNexis web site.

It has some clarification for camera equipped buses.
The good news: The fines are now capped at $250 and no increases for multiple violations.

Now for the bad news. If you decide to ignore the ticket and after the final notice is mailed:
The notice shall inform the registered owner that the agent or governing body shall send a referral to the Department of Revenue if the assessed penalty and any late fee is not paid within 30 days after the final notice was mailed and that such referral shall result in the nonrenewal of the registration of such motor vehicle and shall prohibit the title transfer of such motor vehicle within this state.

Good thing my ticket was before this. This is not going to go well. What does the Dept of Rev. have to do with anything here. Why are they not able to treat this like any other moving violation.

LTCM - Aggressive enforcement is a recent thing. Kids surviving getting on/off the bus has been around for a long time. Hope this helps you understand the point. This is a cash grab.

Old 02-14-2019, 04:11 AM

10,392 posts, read 11,481,750 times
In news that might be of relevance to this particular thread topic of passing school bus stop arm violations in Atlanta, the Georgia General Assembly sent its first bill of 2019 to Governor Brian Kemp on the 14th day of the current legislative session.

The bill, Senate Bill 25, clarifies an existing Georgia state law dealing with when motorists are allowed to pass a stopped school bus.

Last year, legislators passed a law allowing Georgia motorists to pass a stopped school bus on the opposite direction of a road if both directions of that road are divided only by a middle turning lane.

School transportation officials throughout the state protested that measure as unsafe for school children. SB 25 corrects that situation by saying that motorists traveling on the opposite direction of a roadway must stop for a stopped school bus if the roadway is only divided by a middle turning lane.

Legislature Sends First Bill Of 2019 Session To Gov. Kemp (Georgia Public Broadcasting, 13 February 2019)

Senate Revisits Law On Passing A Stopped School Bus (Georgia Public Broadcasting, 7 Feb 2019)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: