Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 07:49 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,049,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
But after moving to Houston I got acclimated. Moving to Atlanta after Houston, I don't find it humid at all.
I think this varies from person to person. With the number of years I have lived in Atlanta and the deep South, I should be acclimated to the humidity by now.

But every year, I think I find it just a little bit more annoying than the previous year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2018, 08:25 PM

2,530 posts, read 4,770,611 times
[quote=Amb27;51047856]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
I currently leave home in Burbank and take a 17min lyft ride to the train station and the. Commute by train to D&B in Hollywood. If I get a place in Atlanta by MARTA I’m sure it would be the same in reverse, taking MARTA to closest station then lyft or Uber to work remaining distance. Even in traffic doesn’t seem like much time difference than I already do.
The closest Marta Station to D&B Marietta is 12.5 miles - you will have a couple of options but both of them will be minimum 30 minutes on the best day and much longer if you are traveling during normal traffic hours.

I just check times on Google Maps at 10:20 pm on Friday night and the estimate is 17 minutes. The Lyft rides will be far more than $7.

I would look for an older apartment in Smyrna where you could use Lyft to commute to D&B. If you could find one in walking distance (say 1 miles) of Cumberland Mall which is the transit station. You could catch a Cobb Link (CCT) to Marta if you need to go downtown.

But film sets may not be accessible by Marta in which case you may want to consider Zip Cars

Old 02-16-2018, 08:41 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,216,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
He's coming from LA. Atlanta rents are NOT high at all compared to LA.
Atlanta rents are not as high as LA but Atlanta rent is still too high for his salary.

Old 02-18-2018, 07:14 AM

2,281 posts, read 3,032,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
Atlanta rents are not as high as LA but Atlanta rent is still too high for his salary.
He can live off of $2400/month here if he budgets... but not without cheap rent and a car that he already owns. If his take-home pay $2400/month then his yearly net is $28,800 which means that is gross is around $43k/yr. That is decent money for a person with no college degree working a part-time job that doesn't require special skills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta