Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 09:13 PM

761 posts, read 906,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverseFam View Post
I work in the city so commute time for me now is a breeze. I take the train into the city as I live right outside the city. We are extremely fimiliar and comfortable with Fayette County. It is number 1 on our list.

If we move to the Cobb area my wife will probably not work. We move to Fayette the wife can keep her job as she works in Fairburn.

From my research... My 12min train commute will turn into a 45min to 60min commute not matter if I commute from Eat Cobb, West Cobb or Fayette.
If your wife works in Fairburn, then North Fayette is probably the best option. Also, the commute to downtown from Tyrone is not bad, but it won't beat your 12 minute train commute. Most Atlantan's dream of a commute like that. I don't even think I can turn left at the 54/74 intersection in Peachtree City in 12 minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 04:50 AM

10,392 posts, read 11,487,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTC Dad View Post
If your wife works in Fairburn, then North Fayette is probably the best option. Also, the commute to downtown from Tyrone is not bad, but it won't beat your 12 minute train commute. Most Atlantan's dream of a commute like that. I don't even think I can turn left at the 54/74 intersection in Peachtree City in 12 minutes.
I second this.

North Fayette County would be a great living option for commuting both to and from your wife's place of employment in Fairburn and your place of employment in the city, not only because of the very high quality of the schools in that area, but also because North Fayette County provides good access to the Fairburn area in South Fulton County and because rush hour commutes into (and out of) the city are generally less challenging via the I-85 South corridor than they are by way of most of the other radial superhighway and superarterial corridors that go in and out of the city.

Old 03-25-2018, 02:14 PM

25 posts, read 27,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
I second this.

North Fayette County would be a great living option for commuting both to and from your wife's place of employment in Fairburn and your place of employment in the city, not only because of the very high quality of the schools in that area, but also because North Fayette County provides good access to the Fairburn area in South Fulton County and because rush hour commutes into (and out of) the city are generally less challenging via the I-85 South corridor than they are by way of most of the other radial superhighway and superarterial corridors that go in and out of the city.
Ideally, we would want to be somewhere on or off of 74. The one community we was looking at is sold out, at least that is what the sales representative said.

We found a few options, but we are still searching.

Old 03-25-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Ideally, we would want to be somewhere on or off of 74. The one community we was looking at is sold out, at least that is what the sales representative said.

There are still plenty of resales unless you guys prefer new construction. If you want new construction, I think Everton in Peachtree City is building a new phase. With the new McDuff parkway extension, you'd have easy access to Hwy 74 and be on the northern side of Peachtree City.

https://www.jwhomes.com/Find-Your-Ho...r-Neighborhood

Old 03-25-2018, 04:24 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,913,735 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTC Dad View Post
There are still plenty of resales unless you guys prefer new construction. If you want new construction, I think Everton in Peachtree City is building a new phase. With the new McDuff parkway extension, you'd have easy access to Hwy 74 and be on the northern side of Peachtree City.

https://www.jwhomes.com/Find-Your-Ho...r-Neighborhood
I absolutely love the look and feel of all the houses / neighborhoods along Castlewood Road west of “downtown” Tyrone. My late uncle, who passed away in October, lived for 30 years in a house just across the line in Coweta County and we watched that whole area developing. It’s very stable and the nicest part of Tyrone IMO. Even has multi-use cart / walking / biking trails running the whole length connecting all the neighborhoods to Tyrone’s commericial Center (and possibly as far south as PTC).

Old 03-25-2018, 05:17 PM

16,690 posts, read 29,506,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
I absolutely love the look and feel of all the houses / neighborhoods along Castlewood Road west of “downtown” Tyrone. My late uncle, who passed away in October, lived for 30 years in a house just across the line in Coweta County and we watched that whole area developing. It’s very stable and the nicest part of Tyrone IMO. Even has multi-use cart / walking / biking trails running the whole length connecting all the neighborhoods to Tyrone’s commericial Center (and possibly as far south as PTC).
The Castlewood Road Area sounds and looks (per Google) very nice.

For the OP--Have you looked into Southampton? A nice neighborhood in Tyrone developed by John Wieland.

Southampton - Home Page {Southampton}

Newsboy and PTC Dad--what's your opinion/viewpoint of Southampton? The neighborhood has one sister in South Cobb (Vinings Estates) and two sisters in East Cobb (East Hampton and Northampton). All were developed around the same time and all, of course, were developed by John Wieland.

https://www.viningsestates.com/ {Vinings Estates}
http://www.myeasthampton.net/default.php {East Hampton}
Northampton - Home Page {Northampton}

All three are on my favorite "newer" neighborhoods list.

And Clayton white guy--what's your opinion/viewpoint of Fairfield over in Lake Spivey/Jonesboro?

Fairfield Community Association, Jonesboro, GA 30236 {Fairfield}

Old 03-25-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
The Castlewood Road Area sounds and looks (per Google) very nice.

For the OP--Have you looked into Southampton? A nice neighborhood in Tyrone developed by John Wieland.

Newsboy and PTC Dad--what's your opinion/viewpoint of Southampton? The neighborhood has one sister in South Cobb (Vinings Estates) and two sisters in East Cobb (East Hampton and Northampton). All were developed around the same time and all, of course, were developed by John Wieland.

https://www.viningsestates.com/ {Vinings Estates}
EastHampton. A residential community in Marietta, Georgia {East Hampton}
Northampton - Home Page {Northampton}

All three are on my favorite "newer" neighborhoods list.

And Clayton white guy--what's your opinion/viewpoint of Fairfield over in Lake Spivey/Jonesboro?

Fairfield Community Association, Jonesboro, GA 30236 {Fairfield}
Aries4118

We have looked in South Hampton a great deal. We saw a home that we really liked, but it already had an offer. The issue we see with South Hampton is varied price tag and the homes we have looked at all need some type of structural work. We looked at a few homes and they all had certain issues that we still have not seen in our 1960s home that we are in now.

There is one particular listing in South Hampton that we like... The problem with that one is the owner bought it at a certain last summer and is trying to sell at a very high price now. From our research that floor plan with the same square footage sells at a much cheaper price tag.

The neighborhood also has a good amount of foreclosures, which I know could happen in any neighborhood, but again it plays into that varied pricing issue for us. Not sure I want to pay 300K+ for a home when my neighbor home just resold for 260K on foreclosure.

Great example.
https://www.auction.com/details/108-...497193-o_1175c

Old 03-25-2018, 08:33 PM

Does anyone have any insight on the area of Tyrone between Tyrone Rd and Sandy Creek Rd. We have looked at a few neighborhoods along that route. Specifically Pendleton (Actually put an offer on a home, but lost) and Willow Ridge. We are familiar with Lake Windsong, but have not found anything we like and/or fits our price point as yet.

Open to any other neighborhoods you may know of.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:44 AM

[quote=aries4118;51422144]The Castlewood Road Area sounds and looks (per Google) very nice.

Southhampton is very nice. It has a higher end section (500k-600K), and a more moderate section (300-400K). The clubhouse and pool are very nice, and it's convenient to Hwy 74, and there is a Publix and shopping right next to the front entrance.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Does anyone have any insight on the area of Tyrone between Tyrone Rd and Sandy Creek Rd. We have looked at a few neighborhoods along that route. Specifically Pendleton (Actually put an offer on a home, but lost) and Willow Ridge. We are familiar with Lake Windsong, but have not found anything we like and/or fits our price point as yet.

Open to any other neighborhoods you may know of.
I'm more familiar with the Tyrone road/ Castlewood road side of Tyrone. I agree with Newsboy, I think that part of Tyrone is the nicest section because of the estate size lots and the connection to the Tyrone path system.

Lake Windsong is a very nice neighborhood. I think it started out with 600K+ custom homes back in 2005, but as the housing market went south, they started building some more moderately priced homes that are still very nice. It's also zoned to Crabapple elementary, which is the highest rated elementary school in Tyrone.

I'd recommend any of the neighborhoods off of Castlewood Road and Dogwood Trail.

Lake Windsong
Maple Shade (Tyrone or PTC side)
Tullamore (off of Dogwood Trail)

Also, JW has some nice new neighborhoods:
Southhampton
Rivercrest
River Oaks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta