Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2008, 01:50 PM

78 posts, read 371,257 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about East Lake Elem or Ola schools? I have seen the scores and read reviews online but wanted to know if he anyone would say there is a reason to not look in these areas?

I saw where they had sports UPWARD programs. Is there anything else to do there? Someone mentioned a new shopping center in Henry County, does anyone know where that is and what kind of shopping center?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 03:14 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
I'd be cautious is Henry County- with Clayton County losing it's accreditation, many folks are going to be moving out of Clayton and into Henry. It's bound to cause overcrowding in the schools, and create other issues for a while.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:10 PM

129 posts, read 659,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
I'd be cautious is Henry County- with Clayton County losing it's accreditation, many folks are going to be moving out of Clayton and into Henry. It's bound to cause overcrowding in the schools, and create other issues for a while.
That is very true, but ALL the schools are terrible over crowded to begin with anyway.

East Lake and Ola schools both have a very good reputation and are some of the best in that area, However like I said they are very over crowded especially Ola.

I am guessing the shopping center you are refering to is off of exit 218 (walmart) there is a new Kohls a few restaurants, Jc Penny. They are suppose to be building a full scale mall, but they are already about 2 years behind and don't see any progress anytime soon.

The other big shopping area is off of Exit 221 with a super target, BJs, tons of restaurants etc...

There is alot to do in McDonough depending on your interests I could give you specifics, we lived there for over 6years before moving last summer.
Let me know if you have more specific questions.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:33 PM

Do you think we should be cautious of Fayette as well?

Thanks again.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:55 AM

129 posts, read 659,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trish74 View Post
Do you think we should be cautious of Fayette as well?

Thanks again.
Fayette county or Fayetteville? Fayette county has some of the best schools in Peachtree city. Fayetteville is also very nice, but closer to peachtree city, not lovejoy.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:36 AM

Since they are opening 2 new schools in Henry County do you think this will help relieve some of the overcrowding? My husband travels to the airport mostly and ocassionally Buckhead and we tried to make Cobb work but it seemed just too far. Henry or Fayette seem to be our best options BUT I am very concerned about schools with a rising 4K and 5K. I am a former teacher now stay at home mom and education is why I am trying to narrow down as to what schools to focus on. PTC is great but the price house for what you get and taxes are crazy. Henry seems the best location wise but very nervous. Of course there are always postitives and neg about any place. Would Fayetteville (Minter or Springhill elem) be better or Henry (Ola or East Lake)?

THANKS

Old 04-17-2008, 09:33 AM

242 posts, read 841,967 times
We chose Henry county over Fayette for the reasons you stated even though Fayette is highly rated especially PTC. I think we will see how Henry county goes and if it goes downhill then move by then we will be more established and know more.
The Union Grove schools are good too and the high school came up in the top 1000 high schools in the USA according to Newsweek, Eagles landing was in there too - Ola wasn't in this top 1000 possibly because it is new.
As I hear schools can change around quickly so I am going with 'the here and now'.

Good luck with your decision
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta