Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2018, 03:28 PM

6,558 posts, read 12,048,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCATL View Post
I agree with everybody here. So, now that we've all agreed with each other on a website, what is some actual action that can be taken here? How do we make our voices heard? I know there are some public meetings coming up, but I feel like they are for show. I have a few problems with service/priorities in the plan, and I'm not sure how to actually make a difference. KLB is obviously the reason the Campelton line is happening over the beltline - how do you make that change?
Here's one way:

https://m.wikihow.com/Recall-a-Mayor

Old 05-17-2018, 06:11 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,130,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Of course in Georgia you can't just organize a recall election on a whim, you'd need grounds to recall any elected official. Under O.C.G.A § 21-4-3, "grounds for recall" include a determination that an official "has committed act(s) of malfeasance while in office, has violated his or her oath of office, has committed an act of misconduct while in office, is guilty of a failure to perform duties prescribed by law, or has willfully misused, converted, or misappropriated, without authority, public property or public funds entrusted to or associated with the elective office to which the official has been elected or appointed."

The same Code section states, "Discretionary performance of a lawful act or a prescribed duty shall not constitute a ground for recall of an elected public official."

- skbl17

Old 05-19-2018, 03:04 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,693,421 times
Here's a map of MARTA's refined transit project list:

Old 05-19-2018, 03:27 PM
bu2

24,097 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post
What's the orange line cutting across from Bankhead on the west to the east Beltline?

Old 05-19-2018, 04:02 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,874,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post
Nice work. Though your map is so large my browser is struggling to render it!

I totally missed that they have the Summerhill BRT going into downtown instead of Midtown until I was looking closer at your map. That is a better alignment IMO and develops ridership for light rail on that route.

Old 05-19-2018, 04:04 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,931,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
What's the orange line cutting across from Bankhead on the west to the east Beltline?
Crosstown/Midtown BRT line.

Old 05-19-2018, 04:10 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,358,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
According to the legend (I'm talking about fourthwarden), it's a BRT line, probably running down North Ave.

Old 05-19-2018, 05:37 PM

1,478 posts, read 1,724,830 times
When it's laid out like this, you can really see why the beltline transit is needed. Keep Campbellton Rd BRT instead of upgrading to a streetcar for that low density area. Then if the beltline is built out with transit, all of these lines will be connected to each other via Beltline transfer stations. As it stands, those lines are all good, but there is no cohesiveness. I can't get from SE Atlanta to NE Atlanta without going an incredibly roundabout way, especially now that the Summerhill BRT doesn't go to Midtown (which I think is a major mistake - that would have been incredibly useful, and now the downtown route is limited).

Old 05-19-2018, 07:03 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,693,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post

I totally missed that they have the Summerhill BRT going into downtown instead of Midtown until I was looking closer at your map. That is a better alignment IMO and develops ridership for light rail on that route.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCATL View Post
When it's laid out like this, you can really see why the beltline transit is needed. Keep Campbellton Rd BRT instead of upgrading to a streetcar for that low density area. Then if the beltline is built out with transit, all of these lines will be connected to each other via Beltline transfer stations. As it stands, those lines are all good, but there is no cohesiveness. I can't get from SE Atlanta to NE Atlanta without going an incredibly roundabout way, especially now that the Summerhill BRT doesn't go to Midtown (which I think is a major mistake - that would have been incredibly useful, and now the downtown route is limited).
I think there is a difference between the Summerhill BRT line that's coming from the More MARTA funding, as shown on my map, and the one that was funded from TIGER.

In fact, I would venture that this refined project list puts light into why the Summerhill / Midtown BRT was pushed to recieve TIGER funding. Basically, the TIGER funds would allow further buildout of the BRT line through midtown, following CoA's Hashtag BRT plan, while also leveraging More MARTA funding for the overlapping parts where future streetcars will go, but where BRT will go first.

Old 05-19-2018, 08:22 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,358,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Yep..my browser choke and I had to force quit. Who makes a 13,000 pixel square map??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta