Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 10:22 AM

23,343 posts, read 43,816,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTCM View Post
It's really a shame that people like the OP can even post. It's about time we stop allowing them to even open their mouth, all in the nsme of fighting racism.
Damn that First Amendment.
And show me where he said anything racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 07:28 PM

296 posts, read 268,436 times
I live in Mableton in an older neighborhood. It's started to really improve the last 2 years. We've never had any problems with crime although we have some neighbors that hang out late at night in their yard partying, making noise, and littering. Still they never give me an direct problems. If we end up moving, I am going to look at the neighborhoods either off Nickajck road near Fontaine Rd; or Concord road towards the Covered Bridge. I also like the neighborhoods off Oakdale Road. You have Riverline and Nickajack park which are both really nice. They are also building the Riverline development on Riverline road which will help the area. I have had some friends that ended up moving from the area and they all cited the schools as the reason they moved. If you don't have kids; then I would say go for it. The upside and potential of the area is good. Places like Smyrna and East Cobb are already over-priced. It's a great location as well.

Old 06-16-2018, 10:09 PM

93 posts, read 82,214 times
The gang activity is primarily car break-ins, and car jacking if the keys are left inside. Cobb police don't chase and can only patrol and help educate the locals.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:55 AM

12 posts, read 17,658 times
Thanks for the comments guys!

We initially went for a townhome off of Oakdale Road in Regency, but were outbid. We recently put in an offer for a house off of Camp Highland Road, was accepted, and are now going through the due diligence period.

I ended up really liking the area off of Oakdale Road, but my wife likes being within walking distance of the Publix/Sprouts retail area as well as the Silver Comet Trail.

As far as the "gang activity" off Gray Road, there were two really sketchy trailer parks nearby, as well as a really sketchy looking apartment complex. I doubt anything would actually happen to us, but after hearing what the one cop said, I don't think she would ever feel comfortable walking around outside in that area.

Old 06-18-2018, 02:26 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,632,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundahl View Post

We initially went for a townhome off of Oakdale Road in Regency, but were outbid. We recently put in an offer for a house off of Camp Highland Road, was accepted, and are now going through the due diligence period.

I ended up really liking the area off of Oakdale Road, but my wife likes being within walking distance of the Publix/Sprouts retail area as well as the Silver Comet Trail.

As far as the "gang activity" off Gray Road, there were two really sketchy trailer parks nearby, as well as a really sketchy looking apartment complex. I doubt anything would actually happen to us, but after hearing what the one cop said, I don't think she would ever feel comfortable walking around outside in that area.

Trailer parks? I don't blame you.

Old 06-18-2018, 04:44 PM

653 posts, read 520,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Damn that First Amendment.
And show me where he said anything racist.
Yea umm the first amendment only covers actions by the government, not private citizens.

Old 06-28-2018, 11:21 AM

147 posts, read 214,705 times
Good luck on your house hunt. I'm in Smyrna about 3 miles from the Braves Stadium. My house was in the low $200s but it was a fixer upper and we gladly took on the project for the area. During our house hunt we considered Mableton, but I'm really glad we went with Smyrna. Smyrna and Mableton are night and day to me. Just my 2 cents!

Old 06-28-2018, 12:14 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,114,238 times
Quote:
Smyrna and Mableton are night and day to me. Just my 2 cents!
yeah, people say that when they don't know the areas well.

Old 06-28-2018, 01:08 PM

184 posts, read 203,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquestar06 View Post
Good luck on your house hunt. I'm in Smyrna about 3 miles from the Braves Stadium. My house was in the low $200s but it was a fixer upper and we gladly took on the project for the area. During our house hunt we considered Mableton, but I'm really glad we went with Smyrna. Smyrna and Mableton are night and day to me. Just my 2 cents!

In what ways are they "night and day"?

Old 06-28-2018, 06:29 PM

296 posts, read 268,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundahl View Post

Good luck on the Camp Highland townhome. I would have bought a townhome in that area but when I bought it was at the height of the market. If I had waited 1 year I could have picked up a great deal on a townhome in that area. I think you will really like that area. The Silver comet trail is right across the street. The whole area is really convenient to a lot of things in Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta