Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 08:45 PM

145 posts, read 93,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Yep. If nothing else this thread shows there are people who are worried about going too far in the opposite direction.

(Not me, as I said earlier, I believe this will work out okay).
You not worried some jackhole will smash his car into the hospital driving too fast? That is too close for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 09:27 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKanye View Post
You not worried some jackhole will smash his car into the hospital driving too fast? That is too close for me.
Haven't thought about that. Have there been other cases of people smashing their cars into buildings because they were too close to the street?

Old 06-18-2018, 10:29 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,359,373 times
Quote:
20' is too close? There are buildings all along Peachtree (and many other locations) that are closer than that. Take, for instance, this whole stretch, and particularly, this building. The CVS Pharmacy and other buildings directly across the street from the hospital building in question are a mere 6'-8' off the road.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:10 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
Quote:
It's a solid structure, I have faith it'll withstand a crash. Speed limit on Peachtree is 35.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:42 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,962,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
Look on the right side of photo where road bleeds off.

Now look for a corner below white van.

That is a tall vertical structure now.

You people and your derogatory remarks aren’t worth the time it takes to post
Yes, that's what I was referring to when I said "I can see one part being close, but most of it isn't." I agree that it is quite a contrast from what was there before.

Anyway, here are some better pictures of the latest renderings posted by atlanta3k elsewhere:

Old 06-19-2018, 08:38 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Well, I met a friend this evening at the Black Bear, which is across the street from Piedmont. We went out and took a look at the new building. It sits way back from Peachtree and you couldn't possibly reach out and touch it.

The Bear itself is much closer to Peachtree and nobody has ever run into it.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:34 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post
Yes, that's what I was referring to when I said "I can see one part being close, but most of it isn't." I agree that it is quite a contrast from what was there before.

Anyway, here are some better pictures of the latest renderings posted by atlanta3k elsewhere:

Many of us poster talk about better building design and interaction with the street, well here it is. This is well designed addition that compliments the existing building and creates a new vista.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:44 AM

198 posts, read 148,937 times
Some of y'all need to travel more

Old 06-20-2018, 06:30 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,939,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Yep. If nothing else this thread shows there are people who are worried about going too far in the opposite direction.

(Not me, as I said earlier, I believe this will work out okay).
Nope. I'm an architect and the intention was just to communicate an observation that I had.

I like building close to the street to encourage street-level activity & parking lots should be behind like is common practice in the Northeast.

Maybe the asymmetry to the sidewalk/street from a pointed corner of a curved tower isn't the best juxtaposition for me personally.

And the person on this thread & another contesting everything I post was on my sh*tlist until the big schlong comment which I'm very interested in seeing for myself, lol.

The people on here misusing this forum to vent whatever unhappiness is dogging them are the elephant in the room.

If something doesn't interest you then move on, don't go out of your way to belittle and complain

Do you realize that Atlanta would probably be so much more fabulous by redirecting these conversations toward people with the power to change things?

Old 06-20-2018, 06:41 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,939,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post

Well now I know that the "pinchpoint" I perceived is the main entrance which is very helpful for wayfinding purposes.

I guess subconsciously I had the entrance at the other end near Collier, but this makes sense with the proximity to the parking decks.

They got new traffic signals strung up over Collier but still on wires rather than poles.

This is an important, well-known intersection that deserves more.

I've emailed the parent of that crappy TEXACO with the burned out letters at night that have remained for 6-7 years now, requesting that Atlanta deserves better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta