Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2019, 04:22 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,696,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Ronricks has admitted he knows the corruption / funneling of money will continue under state control. He just wants to see the City of Atlanta "lose", even if it means the fall of a top economic engine in the state as a result.
Ah, never mind then...

Old 03-16-2019, 04:22 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,351,955 times
Quote:
Ronricks has admitted he knows the corruption / funneling of money will continue under state control. He just wants to see the City of Atlanta "lose", even if it means the fall of a top economic engine in the state as a result.
If you read that article it seems like the city also wants to lose the airport as well. What a bunch of idiots running that show. It is like they don’t care. The city losing the airport doesn’t mean an economic collapse. Stop with the fear-mongering.

Old 03-16-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
Ah, never mind then...
The city is already doing what you are accusing the state to do in a drawn out lawsuit. What exactly is your point or logic with your response? If the city is already using airport money illegally to defend a lawsuit what does it matter if the state also uses their money to do it as well?

Old 03-16-2019, 04:29 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,696,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
The city is already doing what you are accusing the state to do in a drawn out lawsuit. What exactly is your point or logic with your response? If the city is already using airport money illegally to defend a lawsuit what does it matter if the state also uses their money to do it as well?
"Since the city's already throwing away money, let us respond by throwing away even more money!"

Old 03-16-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
"Since the city's already throwing away money, let us respond by throwing away even more money!"
The city isn’t just throwing money away. They are illegally diverting funds not once but twice. The city is going to lose the airport and they won’t have anyone to blame but the person in the mirror. Reading that article it is like the city is begging for the airport to be taken away. They evidently don’t care so why should I or anyone else?

Old 03-16-2019, 04:39 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,869,071 times
Why do you care about it so much Ron?

Old 03-16-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Why do you care about it so much Ron?
Might be a question you want to ask yourself. I am not the one predicting doom and gloom if there is to be a change. I wouldn’t mind having someone other than the city or state run the airport. Why are you so invested with the airport staying with the city? Are you on the payroll?

Old 03-16-2019, 05:32 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,869,071 times
Quote:
Might be a question you want to ask yourself. I am not the one predicting doom and gloom if there is to be a change. I wouldn’t mind having someone other than the city or state run the airport. Why are you so invested with the airport staying with the city? Are you on the payroll?

Because I want to avoid both said doom and gloom.

But you are dodging the question. Again: Why do you care? Are you on the State GOP payroll? Are you wanting doom and / or gloom?

Old 03-17-2019, 08:16 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,307,141 times
Quote:
If you read that article it seems like the city also wants to lose the airport as well. What a bunch of idiots running that show. It is like they don’t care. The city losing the airport doesn’t mean an economic collapse. Stop with the fear-mongering.

Your only argument for the state taking over Hartsfield-Jackson seems to be "my team is better than your team...just because they are. And your team smells like dookie."

And,

"...nanny nanny boo-boo stick your face in poo-poo, the state is gonna get the airport, so have a raspberry."

State government corruption has already been brought up on here and you literally bypassed that strong example.

Seriously, you got no other argument. Seems pretty juvenile and low-brow on the face of it.

But it's typically southern and typically American after 2016.

Trump-logic, I suppose.

Old 03-17-2019, 08:49 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,099,906 times
Quote:
LMAO. Yeah because the state of Georgia totally has their sh*t together. Our public education system is bottom of the barrel, SW GA has whole swaths of areas without proper hospital/medical coverage, crime in Macon and Columbus has been off the charts the last few years, meth is a huge problem in NW GA, and last I checked the state was still waiting for that $800 million from the Feds for Hurricane Micheal that left a crap load of farmers down there in the red. This state as a whole has quite a few problems right now, and HJIA isn’t one of them. Not even close.

But we all know the real reason behind this, Ray Charles could even see it. If you think that the types of folks who are willing to let all those aforementioned issues slide, in lieu of what’s basically an ego stroke in the potential HJIA takeover, actually know what their doing then I have a bridge over the Chattahoochee I want to sell you. I’d put HJIA in the hands of those who made it what it is, over those mouth breathing yokels under the Gold Dome any day of the week
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta