Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 08:58 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,262,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Sorry but Armour just isn't important enough
Not in itself, no. But by adding Armour as the connection/transfer hub, it would enable the Clifton light rail line to continue west with more stations, connecting Brookwood/Piedmont Hospital, Northside Dr, Howell Mill, lots of neighborhoods and developments. So all that combined = important enough. Especially when you consider the potential commuter rail hub also.

But anyway, maybe it could be possible to do something similar with Lindbergh. Like, with a separate line with a different color, that would also terminate at Lindbergh. Would be kind of strange, but, could work.

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.8214.../data=!3m1!1e3

Where Lindbergh Ln is right there, the Clifton light rail line would have its platform, east of the heavy rail tracks.

Garson Ln would have the platform for the other light rail line. Which would be like a mirror- run south, then curve west, and run along the CSX right of way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 09:06 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,527,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Um, they are proposed as MARTA Infill.
And last I checked they got rid of both Armour and Miami Circle. Proposing something is one thing, but stopping and taking a look is quite another.

Quote:
I don’t just go around making $h!t up like your cronies on here.
What?

Old 07-25-2018, 09:28 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
And last I checked they got rid of both Armour and Miami Circle. Proposing something is one thing, but stopping and taking a look is quite another.

And the post above is a proposal as well.

https://cmgajccommuting.files.wordpr...ons-report.pdf

Old 07-26-2018, 05:59 AM

296 posts, read 220,280 times
With More MARTA, they only really considered Armour. Miami Circle has never really been on the table except in an unlimited funding scenario. It scored much lower than other infill stations.

Old 07-26-2018, 06:56 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
Quote:
Indeed.

I think the Lindbergh Area should have at least three stations and probably a fourth. Also--three heavy rail/light metro lines, two commuter rail lines, and the Beltline (plus Amtrak and interstate buses).

Stations:
1. Lindbergh Center (two heavy rail/light metro lines)
2. Armour Valley (Atlanta's "north" Multi-Modal station--three heavy rail/light metro lines, two commuter rail lines, the Beltline, Amtrak, interstate buses)
3. Piedmont Road (one heavy rail/light metro line)
4. Possible fourth station --> Miami Circle (two heavy rail/light metro lines)
Adding an infill to Miami Cir would wipe out majority of the businesses along the tracks and eliminate the need for a station there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Some good, recent (only weeks old) documents here under the 'Presentations' section, showing how MARTA plans to do this Purple line:

https://www.itsmarta.com/clifton-corridor-overview.aspx

I just really wish it was Armour infill instead of Lindbergh, setting up the potential for the line to continue to the west, along the Beltline and then wherever, with lots of potential options.

Terminating it at Lindbergh, with a north/south aligned platform like they're planning to, I mean where you gonna go from there?

I hope they reconsider that.
Where are they going to go from there? Along the BeltLine. MoreMARTA planning has been consistent with it's message that Projects D, A, E, F, B, and C will all connect with each other (via Downtown Streetcar) and create a 21 mile rail line connecting Greenbriar with Lindbergh and Emory/CDC.
Attached Thumbnails
Clifton Corridor-capture.jpg  

Old 07-26-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Adding an infill to Miami Cir would wipe out majority of the businesses along the tracks and eliminate the need for a station there.

Yes, I am not a major fan of a Miami Circle station and I was surprised that it was/is even proposed as an infill--and, by some studies, seen as one of the better infill options!

This is why I designated it as a possible fourth station in the area. To me, it would be the least necessary.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:07 PM

Where are you getting 4 stations? Where would this Piedmont Rd heavy rail station be? Lindbergh station is right on Piedmont Rd.

And as far as Piedmont Rd @ I-85 (where the bridge collapse was), a light rail station on the Emory line would only be kinda sorta justified there, if there's no Armour HRT infill.

And even then, debatable.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Where are you getting 4 stations? Where would this Piedmont Rd heavy rail station be? Lindbergh station is right on Piedmont Rd.

And as far as Piedmont Rd @ I-85 (where the bridge collapse was), a light rail station on the Emory line would only be kinda sorta justified there, if there's no Armour HRT infill.

And even then, debatable.

The Piedmont Road station is proposed as a possible/optional station on the "To Emory" line.

Clifton Corridor-emory-2.jpg

Clifton Corridor-emory.jpg

Old 07-26-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
The Piedmont Road station is proposed as a possible/optional station on the "To Emory" line.

Attachment 200405

Attachment 200406
Yeah, with the light rail alternative only (which is what it's gonna be). You said heavy rail, thus I was confused.

Way back when they were still considering heavy rail for the Clifton line, I doubt that would have included a Piedmont Rd station.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Way back when they were still considering heavy rail for the Clifton line, I doubt that would have included a Piedmont Rd station.
Yes, more than likely.

Maybe you or someone else can answer this:

What's the relative distance between...

Five Points Station and Omni Station?

Five Points Station and Georgia State Station?

Five Points Station and Peachtree Center Station?

Peachtree Center Station and Civic Center Station?

Civic Center Station and North Avenue Station?

Omni Station and Vine City Station?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta