Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2018, 02:48 PM

1,145 posts, read 4,211,053 times

Advertisements

I’m taking my wife to see the Beyonce/Jay Z concert at Benz Stadium later this month. This is our first visit to the new stadium.

For those of you who have attended concerts here, where do you recommend sitting? Do you think it’s better to sit in the lower (100) level, or the 200 level? Is it better to get seats facing the stage directly from a distance (aka end zone seats), or on the side of the stage (aka 40-50 yard line seats)?

The front row seats directly in front of the stage are out of our budget. But we’d be open to pretty much anywhere else. Appreciate any insight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2018, 03:07 PM

55 posts, read 56,335 times
Sit near Gate 1 which the next to Vine City MARTA station. Everyone else gets on/off at the CNN Station so to avoid the big crowd sit near that area

Old 08-08-2018, 01:36 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,050,476 times
And also don't forget that stadium shows suck no matter where you sit. They're just not ideal concert venues.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:07 PM

297 posts, read 271,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
And also don't forget that stadium shows suck no matter where you sit. They're just not ideal concert venues.
I agree with you. I paid 100 bucks a ticket for nosebleed tickets for Taylor Swift at Mercedes Benz. My wife is real excited but trying to tell her the sound will probably be mediocre. The last stadium show I saw was U2 at the Georgia Dome in 1992 and have not been to one since.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:21 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,050,476 times
Quote:
I paid 100 bucks a ticket for nosebleed tickets for Taylor Swift at Mercedes Benz
You're just going to end up watching Taylor Swift on a big TV screen, like you could at home...probably listening to an echoing version of her audio (but maybe they at least engineered this stadium for decent acoustics, I don't know).

But I mean, I can't argue with what you did. You've got to make the wife happy, even when you know it's going to be a waste of time.

Even though I really wanted to see Metallica, when I found out it was as SunTrust Park, I was like, "no, thanks."

I'd be interested in hearing if they somehow designed Mercedes Benz stadium for being better at hosting concerts. The Georgia Dome was abysmal, for sure.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:06 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,289,438 times
If you can't be way up front, or at the very front of a section, it doesn't matter where you sit. Going cheap is just as good.

Example: We paid a sh-it-ton for Fleetwood Mac tickets. The seats were in the first raised section after the floor (End Zone seats), and absolutely sucked. Cramped and uncomfortable. Like bleachers at a little league game, except with less seating and leg room, and slobs crawling on you the whole time. Conversely, we had the cheapest seats possible and sat five rows from the roof for Pearl Jam (maybe something like 3/4 of the way downfield), and were more satisfied with our experience than we were at Fleetwood Mac. We had room to spread out and the sound was fine (by arena/stadium standards). For 1/10 the price. You'll be watching a jumbo-tron anyway, so why waste the money?

Old 08-10-2018, 04:56 AM

3,493 posts, read 7,930,200 times
I have only been to one concert at Mercedes Benz and we had floor seats - awful acoustics and super uncomfortable. You are sitting in "church basement folding chairs" that are tied together. You never get that feeling of hearing everyone singing along because the rest of the crowd noise is going over your head rather than coming from behind and around you.

I have also been to a concert at Suntrust Park and really enjoyed that venue! The sound and visuals were great and it seems like it will be a strong, outdoor venue option.

Old 08-12-2018, 05:48 PM

297 posts, read 271,227 times
Back from the Taylor Swift concert. All my doubts about Mercedes Benz stadium acoustics were blown away. The acoustics were great. We sat in section 324 which is almost directly in front of the stage. I was asking some guys that worked there what they did to fix the acoustics. They were telling me Garth Brooks brought his own sound system on top it being the first concert at MBS. Was really surprised at how good the show sounded.

Old 08-12-2018, 06:14 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,356,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltop180 View Post
They were telling me Garth Brooks brought his own sound system on top it being the first concert at MBS. Was really surprised at how good the show sounded.
All large tours carry their own sound system.

Old 08-13-2018, 08:05 PM

1,709 posts, read 3,424,055 times
Half the stadium emptied out for Garth well before the show was over and those were some high dollar seats that MB Stadium couldn't care less about. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta