Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 05:45 PM

651 posts, read 476,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
SC doesn't have a Columbus; it does, however, have a Columbia, which is the state capital.

And don't look now, but plenty of folks are already moving to several of those places you listed.
Traffic was lighter today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2018, 07:08 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,951,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecluder617 View Post
A lot of people in the Canton area work in Alpharetta, which honestly isn't even really that far. Downtown Canton to the heart of Alpharetta is about 18 miles..
But the scarcity of available routes makes the commute seem much longer. I work with someone who moved to Canton, our company is right off Hwy 9 at the border of Alpharetta and Roswell. She regrets the move every day, and says the commute, short in distance though it seems, is horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakumaster View Post
Traffic was lighter today.
Fulton schools were off today, and will be again on Monday.

Old 10-06-2018, 01:11 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,859,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
May I ask where you lived in Birmingham? I know brownhornet hated Birmingham, but he lived in Bessemer. That's like someone complaining they hated Atlanta and then you found out it's because they lived in Loganville.
I am a grad of Samford University located in Homewood (close in but over the mountain burb) and lived off campus my last year in Hoover so I knew B'ham pretty well. That was the 80s tho. The job was in the Huffman area, but as I mentioned never moved, just commuted.

Old 10-06-2018, 01:54 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,782,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid3785 View Post
In the process of moving to East Cobb, I have bumped into no less than 3 people that either moved to Canton, or expressed desire to move to Canton because the Atlanta metro had essentially become "too busy" and hectic for them. To these individuals, Canton seemed to represent a small town experience, not all that far from the city when the occasional need arises, but definitely away from the hustle and bustle.

On our way up to a cabin in Blue Ridge, we stopped in Canton on both the way and way back. I was super disappointed at how busy it was. Even at odd times of the day, the traffic on 20 was horrible. I thought to myself "its more hectic than the core Atlanta suburbs, I would hate if I had to sit in this traffic anytime I wanted to visit Target." Here you've got a far flung exurb that had the opportunity to plan smartly for it's growth, and cars are a standstill on a Saturday and 2 pm on a two lane primary artery.

Is Canton always that crazy, or was I just experiencing seasonal apple picking traffic passing through?
Canton is on fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta