U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 07:40 PM

81 posts, read 265,252 times

Advertisements

thanks, km08!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 06:30 AM

539 posts, read 1,916,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVCasting View Post
In regards to the sale of the home (on HGTV in Atlanta)- the homeowners had been (strongly) informed that their house was going to be purchased. They were under the impression that it had sold! Several weeks before the show was to air, the interested parties had not made their final decision and were wavering. The show was already finalized and edited (just weeks before air). Too late to be pulled. As of today- they are still on hold with the interested party.

if anyone (buyer/realtor) is interested in having their home featured on the show please contact avepom@yahoo.com

Thank you!
O.K. If I am reading the OP correctly the house has been on the market for one year yet you are saying that it has been under contract with the same buyers who have been "wavering". When you say "on hold" does this mean the house is under contract with a contingency? It may be a tough market but I find that very hard to swallow. Noone is going to put their house under contigency status for that long. Somethings fishy.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:35 PM

90 posts, read 257,905 times
"the homeowners had been (strongly) informed that their house was going to be purchased."

Oh, please. They were (strongly) informed their house was going to be purchased by the producers of the show.

It seems like the current season of "Flip This House" (in ATL) has actual flippers. You can tell because their houses are still on the market, unsold.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:16 AM

826 posts, read 2,834,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistersocks View Post
"the homeowners had been (strongly) informed that their house was going to be purchased."

Oh, please. They were (strongly) informed their house was going to be purchased by the producers of the show.

It seems like the current season of "Flip This House" (in ATL) has actual flippers. You can tell because their houses are still on the market, unsold.
AMEN. Like the house they flipped on Cherokee thats right next to a sub-station. Its been on the market for about 2 years.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:07 PM

3,345 posts, read 7,038,122 times
I loved watching flip that house ATL. What happened to Angie and her company? My audio on my computer doesn't work so I couldn't hear the interview from Sam L... on the Flip that House scandal. Didn't know that everything was staged on that show. Do they pay them or something for doing the show? Please give more detailed info.

Old 05-06-2008, 03:53 PM

8,862 posts, read 15,224,622 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...lip-house.html

This is an old thread, '07.

I've seen a couple of the HGTV shows that featured houses in Atlanta but I don't think I've seen any recently.

LOL--I like the International House Hunters. Wouldn't like to live in Prague where a young couple recently paid close to $180,000 for an apt in remodeled Olympic housing.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:04 PM

13,773 posts, read 34,656,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistersocks View Post
"
Please post a link or provide information on how you know this.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:05 PM

3,345 posts, read 7,038,122 times
Takeahike, thanks for the link. But whatever happened to the Angie lady who is the real estate agent & her husband? They are no longer on the show. Now they just show the group of "investors" she used to work with. Does any one have the scoop as to what's up?

Old 05-06-2008, 04:33 PM

90 posts, read 257,905 times
Sorry, I didn't intend to represent myself as someone with inside information. I was just reacting to the strangely vague wording of the post. I should have written:

"I SUSPECT they were (strongly) informed their house was going to be purchased by the producers of the show."

I'll be more careful with my words in the future.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:26 PM

13,773 posts, read 34,656,746 times
NP. I just wondered if you had inside information on the show. Did the producers say that or their realtor?

I know I wonder what happens to those that have gotten no offers yet. I guess I am one of those who tend to believe it helped them sell, but in todays market that is probably not the case.

Guess they got a free makeover if nothing else.

I know I shouldn't watch it, as I am always thinking 'I should do that' when my house isn't even for sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or