U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 09:33 AM

2,206 posts, read 6,180,372 times

Advertisements

No advice on places to stay in PTC, Guillaume. However, reading this thread, a few questions come to my mind.

Do you and your girlfriend have plans for how to get a working status in the US? Possibly your studies at Clemson will provide you with the opportunity to transition to a one-year OPT (Optional Practical Training) temporary status. After that you'd need something like an H1B, however. Those are not easy to come by. You need to find a prospective employer who is very highly motivated to hire you and can wait until your status comes through.

Also, unless you plan to get legally married, your girlfriend can't come here and live with you unless she gets her own status. US immigration laws have no concept of common-law marriage.

Finally, I have never visited PTC, but I have been to Cary, NC. People seem to describe PTC as an almost-paradisial semi-rural setting for families. Cary is just a typical American suburban area, from what I saw of it. It's part of the Raleigh-Durham metro area, and adjacent (possibly even part of) Research Triangle Park. I wouldn't have though PTC and Cary are very comparable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 01:49 PM

880 posts, read 2,577,274 times
Just to let you know, PTC is incredibely overrated. Lots of rich folks who look down on you if you don't drive a BMW or Porche (I had to live there for 18 years), very conservative, and not much to do (not even a movie theater in town).

Old 06-23-2008, 07:53 PM

3 posts, read 6,878 times
Default Sounds like a great place to raise a family, about work

We're thinking of moving to Peachtree City, however I am concerned about being able to make a living as a realtor. Is there work there for a bilingual agent (Spanish)? Are there many activities for the children year round. We currently live in Florida and would like to know what do the children do during the colder season. Is there a Catholic or Baptist churches in Peachtree?

Old 06-23-2008, 10:44 PM

41 posts, read 198,689 times
Default ctellez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctellez View Post
We're thinking of moving to Peachtree City, however I am concerned about being able to make a living as a realtor. Is there work there for a bilingual agent (Spanish)? Are there many activities for the children year round. We currently live in Florida and would like to know what do the children do during the colder season. Is there a Catholic or Baptist churches in Peachtree?
Before the current economic problems that have affected the real estate industry, Peachtree City was a great place for real estate agents and I suspect that in a year or so it will be again. There are plenty of activities for children in PTC and Fayette County schools are among the best in the state. Soccer for children up through high school age is BIG in Fayette County. Yes, there are Catholic churches here and lots of Baptist churches in Fayette County. In case you don't know, you can travel just about any place in Peachtree City on a golf cart. Plenty of golf courses and golf cart trails - actually a network of golf cart trails all through PTC - I think more people own golf carts in PTC than any other city in the world.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:20 PM

1 posts, read 569 times
Default Work in Peachtree City

I am looking to move to Peachtree City as soon as I can find employment. I am moving to be closer to my family in Newnan, Ga. I am presently with the Federal Government as an Executive Assistant. I will be visiting the area in December and would like to set up interviews.

Thank youl.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:21 PM

4 posts, read 4,601 times
Are there any jobs in PTC for healthcare and hospice? I am looking to relocate there.

Old 03-17-2013, 04:36 PM

48 posts, read 94,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blnguyenthi View Post
Are there any jobs in PTC for healthcare and hospice? I am looking to relocate there.
There are some smaller hospice offices, but nothing too large. East of PTC is Piedmont Fayette hospital and west in Newnan is Piedmont Newnan hospital and Cancer Treatment Centers of America - closer to a pallative care environment you might be looking for. There are more healthcare options in Newnan than PTC.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:30 PM

800 posts, read 940,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudewiththeplan View Post
Just to let you know, PTC is incredibely overrated. Lots of rich folks who look down on you if you don't drive a BMW or Porche (I had to live there for 18 years), very conservative, and not much to do (not even a movie theater in town).
So how far is the closest movie theater?

Old 03-04-2014, 02:43 PM

13,683 posts, read 17,781,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpineprince View Post
So how far is the closest movie theater?
1/2 mile outside the city limits. Seriously. And it's a very nice one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or