Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 07:21 AM

50,107 posts, read 46,699,006 times

Advertisements

The usual answer is they just forget to check it. Having a gun on a plane is pretty common but it has to be checked. Which means once you get it from the turn stile you can put it back on. If this was such a huge deal there would be more shootings in airport terminals but there rarely are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2018, 09:19 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,340,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Huh? It's a public space.

If it's not outside the airport, then I don't believe it should be allowed in at all. If they are going to allow people to bring guns, they should be checked from outside and the owner pick it up after they land and get their baggage. I know that this is an inconvenience because once people are outside, they want to just leave.

I find it VERY hypocritical the amount of search we have to go through (or maybe I should say I because obviously people aren't having the same experience as me) and questioning to make the airport "safe" from "all these terrorists" yet at the same time, people can carry inside of the airport.

Can't even have a bottle of water, toothpaste. It's complete b.s. all in the name of safety and then at the same time oh you can carry guns inside the airport. WTF!

Old 11-19-2018, 04:55 PM

7,347 posts, read 6,490,502 times
Uh, you do realize the same checkpoint that catches guns catches all those things you list? It's not like you can have a gun, but can't have oversize toothpaste in the terminal. If you "ban" them from the terminal, then you might as well just move the tsa circus to the front doors, but then people will complain about having guns in the parking lots, so then they'll want checkpoints at all the roads and the MARTA station.

To the topic, quit confiscating them, problem solved. Treat it just like any other item, give the person a chance to take it out, or throw it away.

Old 11-19-2018, 05:43 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,340,360 times
Quote:
Uh, you do realize the same checkpoint that catches guns catches all those things you list? It's not like you can have a gun, but can't have oversize toothpaste in the terminal. If you "ban" them from the terminal, then you might as well just move the tsa circus to the front doors, but then people will complain about having guns in the parking lots, so then they'll want checkpoints at all the roads and the MARTA station.

To the topic, quit confiscating them, problem solved. Treat it just like any other item, give the person a chance to take it out, or throw it away.

Yes, obviously...my point is that a weapon, especially one that is so lethal, has no business being in an airport. They've made such a big deal about terrorism and keeping airports safe and so why allow a gun in an airport at all. Toothpaste and water can't be used to kill people but a gun can. I haven't carried a gun into an airport but you should see how I get treated for having less than that at the airport. It's past annoying knowing people don't get treated the way I do, especially when they have a gun on them.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:02 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,129,141 times
Quote:

A .45 can call a hell of a lot more problems than a tube of toothpaste can.

Old 11-20-2018, 08:09 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,753,815 times
Why does anyone need a gun on an airplane? Do they not realize that the cabin is pressurized and if a bullet pierces the skin it can be catastrophic?

Old 11-20-2018, 09:37 AM

31,997 posts, read 36,601,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Why does anyone need a gun on an airplane? Do they not realize that the cabin is pressurized and if a bullet pierces the skin it can be catastrophic?
Two words, cq.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:23 AM

10,309 posts, read 8,476,488 times
Quote:
Like mentioned before, some people just forget they are carrying them. They don't really think they need the gun on the plane.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:33 AM

5,633 posts, read 5,329,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Like mentioned before, some people just forget they are carrying them. They don't really think they need the gun on the plane.
This is mind boggling to me.

Old 11-20-2018, 11:52 AM

5,845 posts, read 6,129,141 times
Quote:
Not to mention if that bullet pierces the fuselage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta