Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 05:04 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,610,850 times

Advertisements

The area around Krog Street Market is a tony part of town. It's safe and you'll enjoy yourself there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2018, 06:33 PM

252 posts, read 950,010 times
Thanks, my boss did book it. I appreciate everyone's help and advice.
I saved a lot of places in the app for the future and will make sure to book earlier.

Old 12-19-2018, 07:17 PM

23,333 posts, read 43,808,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee151 View Post
I saved a lot of places in the app for the future and will make sure to book earlier.
Have fun!

Old 12-19-2018, 07:20 PM

1,478 posts, read 1,715,327 times
Quote:
Great location, I think you'll love the area. Definitely check out Krog St and the Beltline if you have time!

Old 12-21-2018, 12:05 AM

111 posts, read 104,158 times
Quote:
How about just south of Old Forth Ward near Krog Street Market? it is east of Boulevard.
Increased the budget and found a cute bungalow there. Has lots of good reviews.

PS there are rough neighborhoods in Seattle and Portland. I actually live in one that is on a downward trend as other parts of the city are gentrified and lower income and renters move out this way. We have a serious homeless problem here and meth too. I've never actually been scared though....
Great choice since it is easy access to Krog Street Market and the belt line. Was just at Krog Street Market with my brother today. Check out Krog Street Tunnel. It is eclectic place with street art on all walls of tunnel. Great place for photo opportunities

Last edited by 3rdbass; 12-21-2018 at 12:24 AM..

Old 01-16-2019, 11:24 AM

252 posts, read 950,010 times
Just thought I'd follow up. The Airbnb my boss booked near Krog Street Market cancelled our stay with no explanation or communication.
We booked a new listing in Kirkwood, it was on Memorial Drive. It was a really nice house, all new inside and very comfortable as well as a very safe area. We Ubered to the Edgewood Candler Park Marta Station and rode Marta into the city.
Have to give props to Mary Hoopa's House of Fried Chicken and Oysters we had a really fun and delicious late dinner. Our server was patient with all of our questions and the fact that we ordered half the menu after 9 at night to try all the Southern food.

Old 01-16-2019, 12:13 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,720,252 times
Quote:
Just thought I'd follow up. The Airbnb my boss booked near Krog Street Market cancelled our stay with no explanation or communication.
We booked a new listing in Kirkwood, it was on Memorial Drive. It was a really nice house, all new inside and very comfortable as well as a very safe area. We Ubered to the Edgewood Candler Park Marta Station and rode Marta into the city.
Have to give props to Mary Hoopa's House of Fried Chicken and Oysters we had a really fun and delicious late dinner. Our server was patient with all of our questions and the fact that we ordered half the menu after 9 at night to try all the Southern food.
Kirkwood is a great neighborhood, I live there.

Old 01-16-2019, 01:45 PM

4,410 posts, read 3,426,631 times
Quote:

So glad it worked out!

Old 01-16-2019, 01:46 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,310,833 times
Quote:
Great! If you end up in the same neighborhood next year, the next door restaraunt (Poor Hendrix) is also amazing!

For future reference and to save you time looking, from downtown generally south and west is "unsafe" with some notable exceptions. Generally east and north are going to be safe. For ubering, east side is best due to very bad traffic in northern parts + Buckhead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta