Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2018, 10:14 PM

6 posts, read 9,390 times

Advertisements

I'll be moving for work in the next few months. I've never been to Georgia but I hear the traffic is awful in the ATL area. I do plan on taking multiple trips out to the area before then but my place of work will be in the Peachtree Corners/Norcross area. I'd like to live as close as possible however from my impression a lot of the apartment buildings in the area are old/rundown. Are there any apartments or places within the area that you would recommend taking a look at?

I'm single, I'd prefer to keep it under $1500/month. The more space the better but I'd sacrifice space and cost for something a little newer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2018, 07:50 AM

10,396 posts, read 11,489,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daysofwinter View Post
I'll be moving for work in the next few months. I've never been to Georgia but I hear the traffic is awful in the ATL area. I do plan on taking multiple trips out to the area before then but my place of work will be in the Peachtree Corners/Norcross area. I'd like to live as close as possible however from my impression a lot of the apartment buildings in the area are old/rundown. Are there any apartments or places within the area that you would recommend taking a look at?

I'm single, I'd prefer to keep it under $1500/month. The more space the better but I'd sacrifice space and cost for something a little newer
There are dozens and dozens of apartments (significantly more than might be apparent from a brief first look) of varying degrees of quality (from higher-quality to lower-quality) just in the Peachtree Corners 30092 and Norcross 30071 zip codes alone.

If you want to live really close to work, you would do well to concentrate your search for apartment housing in the Peachtree Corners 30092 zip code where apartment options of all types abound.

You can extend your search to the neighboring Norcross 30071 zip code (where there are also many apartment housing options) if so desired, or if you happen to not be able to find anything that you might like in the 30092 zip code.

If you want to live in some hipper, cooler more cosmopolitan areas, and don't mind commuting to and from work over a longer distance, you could also consider 'reverse-commuting' from a hipper area inside of the I-285 Perimeter (like Chamblee, Brookhaven, Buckhead, etc) to your job in the Peachtree Corners area.

If you are willing to accept a more congested commute to live in a more suburban environment, you can also extend your search for apartment housing to neighboring areas like Johns Creek, Duluth, and Roswell (where winding and undersized GA 140 Holcomb Bridge Road is known to become gridlocked with traffic between GA 400 and GA 141 during most morning and afternoon/evening rush hours).

I probably would not look any further than the areas mentioned because of the traffic issues during morning and afternoon/evening rush hours in that very heavily developed part of the Atlanta metropolitan area.

Old 12-24-2018, 09:52 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,249,486 times
Parkside Vista and Longwood Vista were built about 10 years ago, good distance to Perimeter mall area, Marta, and Peachtree Corners.

Old 12-24-2018, 10:10 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,491,185 times
I did some Christmas shopping out in Peachtree Corners this year. Nice area. Good luck and welcome to the area!

Old 12-25-2018, 04:13 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,933,278 times
That area is interesting in that it has a mix of pretty good places to live, and terrible places to live. Don't live anywhere along Buford Hwy or between there and I-85.

Downtown Norcross isn't too bad. They've worked hard to keep things looking nice with plenty of shops keeping things lively.

In the past, I've looked at potential apartments in Peachtree Corners. The only one I would have actually considered was Wynfield Trace. The other apartments looked pretty bad, like you mentioned. Unfortunately Peachtree Corners (especially the nicer parts) don't have a ton of apartments. North of Spalding it's mostly houses.

You could look at Sandy Springs/Dunwoody. Easy reverse commute in the morning. Maybe a little traffic on 285 in the afternoon. Worst part would just be in Sandy Springs and Dunwoody. Haven't checked lately but I think your budget is fine.

Otherwise look across the Chattahoochee River in Fulton County. Nice area, just very suburban and traffic can start to get bad on 141.

Old 12-27-2018, 05:51 AM

1,383 posts, read 1,561,005 times
There are some apartments on Medlock Bridge Rd in the area of S Old Peachtree, but reading the reviews, those might be ones to avoid.

There's a new apartment complex going up right now adjacent to the Technology Park area of Norcross/P'tree Corners called Echo Lakeside. Looking further afield, there's also new a development recently completed right next to downtown Duluth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta