Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2019, 11:36 PM

4 posts, read 1,492 times

Advertisements

am an occupational therapist living in Md looking to relocate with my family (6). I am looking in the Newnan, Douglassville, Dunwoody and Dallas area. Currently I live in Northern PG County I am in walking distance to movie theaters and shopping center, plus a nice little exercise trail and gym all within a 5 min drive. Does any of that exist in these areas, and how is the job market for an Occupational Therapist
Thanks

Safe to say I currently have job offers in Dunwoody, Dallas, Buckhead and douglasville
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2019, 12:52 AM

10,331 posts, read 11,316,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamnew19 View Post
am an occupational therapist living in Md looking to relocate with my family (6). I am looking in the Newnan, Douglassville, Dunwoody and Dallas area. Currently I live in Northern PG County I am in walking distance to movie theaters and shopping center, plus a nice little exercise trail and gym all within a 5 min drive. Does any of that exist in these areas, and how is the job market for an Occupational Therapist
Thanks

Safe to say I currently have job offers in Dunwoody, Dallas, Buckhead and douglasville
None of the walkability that you are looking for quite exists to the degree that you might be desiring in the areas that you are inquiring into.

Buckhead and Dunwoody seem to get closest to what you are looking for in terms of having multiple amenities close nearby within a short distance. Though the multiple close nearby amenities in those areas probably are better reached by a short automobile trip (or even bus transit or rail transit) rather than by walking at this point in time.

Traffic will also be something to contend with during peak traffic hours in extremely heavily developed areas like Buckhead and Dunwoody.

Douglasville offers movie theater and retail amenities within a relatively somewhat short driving distance of many parts of the area with a Douglasville mailing address.

Dallas is the most geographically spread out of the four areas you named where you have job offers. In the Dallas area, movie theater and retail amenities will often largely have to be accessed by driving many miles retail commercial districts in neighboring areas like Hiram and Acworth.

Old 01-08-2019, 01:00 AM

10,331 posts, read 11,316,903 times
Meanwhile, the Newnan area (where you did not say that you currently have a job offer) has the type of movie theater and retail amenities that you are looking for in abundance in an area that is accessible by automobile along the Georgia State Route 34 corridor on both the east and west sides of the I-85/GA 34 interchange.

Old 01-08-2019, 05:16 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,613,756 times
Given your pick of job offers, I would definitely recommend Dunwoody over them all, for the reasons stated before (upscale amenities, overall better schools and close proximity to most of the flagship hospitals in Atlanta).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta