Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 09:42 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,343,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
We've already been over this. If you still don't get it, then you are willfully ignorant.

Ignorant in that virtually nothing has changed?

Old 01-17-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
TSA

Useless and needs to be abolished.

Old 01-17-2019, 09:45 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,866,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Don't you think there is a reason she doesn't want him to speak? I mean it should be obvious. It will be disaster to have a guy like Trump speak to congress and the country over a shutdown that is over 1/10th of a cent on the budget dollar. It isn't in Pelosi's best interest to do such which is why she isn't.
They had a deal. He walked away from it at the last minute, due to nothing else but Ann Coulter and Rush having on air meltdowns.

Old 01-17-2019, 09:45 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,248,576 times
Quote:
It was a typo I thought it was 24 days not 26. Thanks for correcting me.

Pets heads aren't falling off and we have eclipsed that threshold at this point. Seems there are certain people who are vested in spreading scare tactics over this shutdown. This shutdown is different from no others. All because Democrats refuse to give Trump 1/10th of a cent on the budget dollar!
You don't seem to understand anything. The dispute is not over the dollar amount. It's over what he wants to use the money for. If he wanted to invest in a tech and manpower based approach to border security with no wall, they'd have a deal by now.

Old 01-17-2019, 09:46 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,866,455 times
Quote:
Useless and needs to be abolished.
Let me guess, you would prefer that all passengers be armed while flying.

Old 01-17-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Let me guess, you would prefer that all passengers be armed while flying.

No. I would prefer that I have the experience I had when I flew into and out of San Fransisco a week ago. They use a private company who are much more efficient and make the experience much easier. I don't own a gun and likely never will.

Old 01-17-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
You don't seem to understand anything. The dispute is not over the dollar amount. It's over what he wants to use the money for. If he wanted to invest in a tech and manpower based approach to border security with no wall, they'd have a deal by now.

I think I understand this pretty well. Anyone who understands politics and isn't a partisan hack understands this. Chuck and Nancy can't give Trump his wall. I will let you figure out why. This is politics.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:20 AM

5,845 posts, read 6,135,190 times
Quote:
I wish the TSA and FAA would walk off the job for one day. Trump would be forced to end this within 24 hours.
Agreed.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:22 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,314,762 times
I've never understood the animosity toward government and government workers in this country. Do those who champion that everything should just be privatized not understand that we subsidize those salaries too? Perhaps moreso. Giant loopholes in our tax system for corporations, and the ability of large corporations to give their employees no benefits, means the taxpayer is subsidizing the private employee while someone still makes a profit off it. Those same corporate owners then turn around and try to turn the population against government workers so they can get more contracts/power and make even more money. I mean, if we are going to pay for the healthcare, food stamps, housing subsidy, and education of the average Walmart worker, while also paying a larger share of taxes so the Walton family can get a tax break, I'm not sure which is "mooching" off tax payers more - the government employee or the priviate employee?

Old 01-17-2019, 10:25 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,314,762 times
Quote:
I think I understand this pretty well. Anyone who understands politics and isn't a partisan hack understands this. Chuck and Nancy can't give Trump his wall. I will let you figure out why. This is politics.
Speaker of the House Pelosi just won a historic election with a huge margin for Democrats precisely because Americans wanted someone who would stand up to Trump's dumb wall. Polls show Americans blame trump for the shutdown by 20+ points over Democrats. Pelosi is doing exactly what we elected her to do, keeping this would-be dictator from wasting billions of dollars on a vanity project simply so he can say he fulfilled a campaign promise and placate his lowest echelons of supporters who believe their financial woes and lack of ability to compete for jobs is thanks to brown people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: