U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 08:24 AM

10 posts, read 41,931 times

Advertisements

I don't see why you can't send a letter to the school letting them know how interested you are etc. I've never seen any rules from a school about what you can do while on the waitlist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 08:09 PM

2 posts, read 6,663 times
Default call the director

You need to call the Director and ask to speak with them or come in. The schools will call as they get the declines back- I have friends that heard something from the waitlist after just a few days last year. They are totally open to you coming in and speaking with them.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:09 AM

2,042 posts, read 4,903,593 times
AAAIS guidelines prohibit visits on campus between the day the letters go out and the acceptance date (4/16), so that's a no go.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:30 AM

39 posts, read 226,604 times
Thanks. That is what I was thinking- I didn't think families were allowed on the campus at all per the AAAIS. The school knows they are our number 1 choice, so we will be patient!

Thank you!

Old 04-11-2008, 07:54 AM

39 posts, read 226,604 times
One more Question- I know a lot of families who applied to AAAIS schools and their child was "rejected" for lack of a better term. The parents have contacted these schools and the schools have called back to tell them "why". Is this b/c they are rejected and nothing is going to change, so they can talk in this so called "Quiet Period" b/t April 4 - April 16?

I assume "accepted and wait-listed" families are NOT supposed to call unless we have a specific question? Guidelines seem kind of fuzzy.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:59 PM

2,042 posts, read 4,903,593 times
I'm not quite sure about that, but would assume that the "Quiet Period" applies to everyone. I also personally think that a "rejected" family would get more time and attention from Admissions Directors after April 16 (they're just too busy right now dealing with all the contingencies). I know that some Admissions folks are very willing to sit down with families and discuss how to improve their applications if they wish to reapply, but probably not until "the season" is over.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:34 PM

2 posts, read 6,663 times
Default Accepted Families

The AAAIS rule applies to families that have been accepted. They don't want to influence people that have been accepted to more than one school so those folks can't visit, but it sounds like you have it covered. Good luck!

Old 04-03-2009, 11:37 AM

1 posts, read 3,045 times
Default call from admissions day before

I just got a call from our number one choice indicating that my child is on the waitlist. The letters are going out today and they just wanted to let me know what to expect tomorrow. The message also said that they usually "go to" the waitlist and that "all is not lost".

Is this common?

Old 04-03-2009, 12:28 PM

3,972 posts, read 11,277,165 times
I think this year they will be going to the waitlist far more than normal, but you can't need financial aide.

I think most schools are being "forced" to use their financial aide budgets (big or small) for current students and have little to offer to new students.

I have two neighbors whose husbands just lost their jobs in the last few weeks, one totally unexpected. I also have multiple friends whose jobs have been eliminated in the last few months or will be in the next few months.

I know that most private schools are using big wait lists this year to try and fill their classes. Most expect that many families have had their financial circumstances changed since filing the application and many families may decline spots. Same with families that land on the wait list.

Good luck.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:29 AM

3 posts, read 18,179 times
Just received the wait-list letter for #1 choice, but a friend received acceptance and FA. They are not attending though. Has anyone ever received FA, after being wait-listed or do schools over-extend FA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or