U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2008, 01:04 PM

313 posts, read 1,037,724 times

Advertisements

I know I posted a similar question...but now I want to know details about getting over to Windward from Suwanee proper...or over the river on the gwinnet side. I had focused my search in Laurel Springs, but I really like the Rivermoore Park subdivision too as it is on the gwinnett side...BUT one would have to get to Mcginnis ferry by way of Peachtree industrial...which I know would be a hellish commute. There is no cut through on Moore rd...unless you went up to hwy 20 and came down...which sounds crazy. Are there any plans to widen Mcginnis ferry between Pchtree Ind and 141? Are there any other alternatives to make a commute from the gwinnett side over to windward?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 06:26 AM

273 posts, read 1,653,892 times
I'm terrible with directions, but Google maps might help.

Not sure where in Windward you are going, but here's another way to get over the river. You take a left at North Gwinnett H.S. onto Suwanee Dam. Go up to 20 and turn left. Go over the bridge and turn left on James Burgess Road. When this road dead ends, turn right. I think it's Old Atlanta Road? You will be at the entrance to Laurel Springs. You would be going against traffic all the way, so it should take about ten minutes.

Yeah, it's kind of back-tracking, but sometimes you have to do that to avoid traffic and save time.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:16 AM

313 posts, read 1,037,724 times
Ah...got ya...you are right...I know where you are talking about and that wouldnt be too bad....and technically one would going against traffic. My husband is such an early bird...maybe going in wouldnt be a problem...coming home always is. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or