U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-08-2008, 02:47 PM
 
431 posts, read 2,001,817 times
Reputation: 311

Advertisements

Where is a good place to go for a night out with a crowd over age 30 (single females)? I would like to go somewhere in Atlanta. I live in Gwinnett and i'm not travelling across town to Cobb county, for example. Looking for a mixed crowd (not all black, not all white), and a nice mix of music. Good drinks are a must. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-08-2008, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,568,229 times
Reputation: 350
Overall that's a tough demographic to find here in Atlanta (Especially OTP)

But alternatively you can try Studio 72 (Saturdays), The Velvet Room on Friday (More Black) & Saturday (More White) & Dreamz Nightclub (Friday & Saturday are good) these clubs aren't in Gwinnett but are off I-85 in the Chamblee/Tucker/Lawrenville Highway which isn't too far from Gwinnett.

The Gwinnett area isn't known for having tons of mixed singles bars/clubs that cater to a diverse clientele like some ITP places such as Halo, Star Bar, Cru Urban Lounge, MJQ Concourse, El Bar, The Mark ...etc. All the places I just mentioned would definately fit what your looking for more so than the mega clubs I first mentioned which are nice places but aren't AS diverse as the spots above.

All in all you can't go wrong with any of them. I'm a California transplant and I have come to realize that you cannot simply manufacture a racially diverse nightlife scene here in Atlanta. With the population being majority white/black & mostly from the south it's likely to stay mostly the same with the same attitudes (hopefully things will change with the newer generation). It's waaayyy too complex to even get into on this forum so I just have fun and don't even worry about that type of stuff.

Your going to have to go ITP to find what you really want for the singles scene.

Last edited by Atlantasfinest; 04-08-2008 at 04:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2008, 08:05 PM
 
42 posts, read 186,258 times
Reputation: 18
Default 30+ Club Crowd

Back when I was a single guy in my mid-thirties visiting Atlanta for a seminar, a cab driver took me and a buddy to Johnny's Hideaway in Buckhead. I was AMAZED - the women were more like 40+ than 30+, but we had a GREAT time - as the youngest men in the room, we had ALL these women (many of whom were drop-dead gorgeous) wanting to dance with us, buying us drinks - and a couple of these foxy cougars actually put some pretty aggressive moves on us! I'm no beast - kind of like a heavier Clooney, but my buddy could pass for Shrek on a GOOD day, and still, he was getting a lot of attention (I guess it was the dark lighting!). Also, the room had a KILLER DJ and the playlist was all 70's and 80's music, with the occasional standard thrown in for slow dancing. A nice mixed crowd, and very mellow and laid-back - it was definitely full that night, but not so full you were spilling your drink trying to raise your glass to your mouth.

If I were single today I would definitely go back because of the incredible time we had - just to see if the vibe has remained as nice as it was last time I went, which was back in 2000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLATINQT View Post
Where is a good place to go for a night out with a crowd over age 30 (single females)? I would like to go somewhere in Atlanta. I live in Gwinnett and i'm not travelling across town to Cobb county, for example. Looking for a mixed crowd (not all black, not all white), and a nice mix of music. Good drinks are a must. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2008, 06:42 AM
 
431 posts, read 2,001,817 times
Reputation: 311
I can definitely go in the perimeter. I know there's nothing going on in Gwinnett. I just don't want to go to like Cobb or way across over the other side by the airport. that's too far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2008, 07:52 AM
 
Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,568,229 times
Reputation: 350
Thumbs up If you can come inside of the perimeter that DEFINATELY changes things :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLATINQT View Post
I can definitely go in the perimeter. I know there's nothing going on in Gwinnett. I just don't want to go to like Cobb or way across over the other side by the airport. that's too far.
Well if you can come inside of the perimeter definately check out these spots on these days for the diverse crowd your looking for; Halo (Mondays, Fri-Sat), Star Bar (Tuesday-Wednesday Night), Cru Urban Lounge (Wednesday Night), MJQ Concourse (Saturdays are good), El Bar(Fridays), The Mark (Tuesday, Thursday, Fri-Sat).

Have fun... and enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2008, 08:36 AM
 
351 posts, read 1,313,931 times
Reputation: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecchio View Post
Back when I was a single guy in my mid-thirties visiting Atlanta for a seminar, a cab driver took me and a buddy to Johnny's Hideaway in Buckhead. I was AMAZED - the women were more like 40+ than 30+, but we had a GREAT time - as the youngest men in the room, we had ALL these women (many of whom were drop-dead gorgeous) wanting to dance with us, buying us drinks - and a couple of these foxy cougars actually put some pretty aggressive moves on us! I'm no beast - kind of like a heavier Clooney, but my buddy could pass for Shrek on a GOOD day, and still, he was getting a lot of attention (I guess it was the dark lighting!). Also, the room had a KILLER DJ and the playlist was all 70's and 80's music, with the occasional standard thrown in for slow dancing. A nice mixed crowd, and very mellow and laid-back - it was definitely full that night, but not so full you were spilling your drink trying to raise your glass to your mouth.

If I were single today I would definitely go back because of the incredible time we had - just to see if the vibe has remained as nice as it was last time I went, which was back in 2000.
It hasn't changed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:55 AM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top