Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 09:00 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,767,663 times

Advertisements

So what did the Grady cheerleaders do at the Maynard Jackson game that wound up getting the whole team suspended?

Must have been pretty serious.

High school cheerleading team suspended for 'inappropriate' behavior
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 09:04 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,484,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
So what did the Grady cheerleaders do at the Maynard Jackson game that wound up getting the whole team suspended?

Did you listen to the news report? It explained what some of them did.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
Did you listen to the news report? It explained what some of them did.
I did, but it didn't seem very specific.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:19 AM

1,709 posts, read 3,424,055 times
This is nothing. I was the only witness of a drive by shooting when I was at Riverwood and we played our rival North Springs. Took place on school grounds in front of the front entrance of the school. Two RW students unloaded what was at least 6 rounds at a car full of North Springs students. Is is it a drive by if the people walkin were the shooters at a the car?

Principal met with me the following morning and instructed me to not speak with any media. No media ever showed up and it was very hush hush. Never heard about it again.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I did, but it didn't seem very specific.
Translation (speculation): Some of the cheerleaders said some things that irked some people from the opposing team. Those irate people are the type to make a deal about it, and did so. The principal had no choice but to take action. No telling what actually happened to lead up to the cheerleaders saying what they did (not condoning but there are multiple sides to every story) and it was also stated that the entire squad is being punished for just a few girls actions. Also, the adults that complained on the other side pushed it (maybe rightfully so, who knows) to demand action and not only are the girls involved being punished but the entire squad is now out of commission. The principal/school administrators were truly caught in the middle. They were damned if you do, damned if you don't.

How little are these adults and how sad this entire situation. Did anyone really learn any lessons? Just breeds more hostility and resentment. Make them talk it out and understand their actions and why actions on both sides were a bad idea. Above all, punishing the non involved cheerleaders is absolutely reprehensible. Just my 2 cents.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:11 AM

From their photos it looks like a nice bunch of kids. Must have been something pretty serious to warrant shutting down the whole program.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:43 PM

23,450 posts, read 44,056,411 times
Lord, when I was a cheerleader at Briarcliff HS 1971-3 we were harassed all the time by the rival teams' cheerleaders, particularly if they lost to us. Bass* and Cross Keys High were the worst; our coach used to herd us girls off the field immediately after the game because of their threats of violence. If they were ever disciplined for it, I never heard about it; besides, their coach was standing right there while they did it.

*Now known as the Bass Lofts on Euclid, youngsters.

https://bhmanagement.com/communities...&rl_retarget=1

Old 02-02-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Lord, when I was a cheerleader at Briarcliff HS 1971-3 we were harassed all the time by the rival teams' cheerleaders, particularly if they lost to us. Bass* and Cross Keys High were the worst; our coach used to herd us girls off the field immediately after the game because of their threats of violence. If they were ever disciplined for it, I never heard about it; besides, their coach was standing right there while they did it.

Exactly.

Old 02-02-2019, 01:33 PM

16,690 posts, read 29,502,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
This is nothing. I was the only witness of a drive by shooting when I was at Riverwood and we played our rival North Springs. Took place on school grounds in front of the front entrance of the school. Two RW students unloaded what was at least 6 rounds at a car full of North Springs students. Is is it a drive by if the people walkin were the shooters at a the car?

Principal met with me the following morning and instructed me to not speak with any media. No media ever showed up and it was very hush hush. Never heard about it again.
Quote:
Translation (speculation): Some of the cheerleaders said some things that irked some people from the opposing team. Those irate people are the type to make a deal about it, and did so. The principal had no choice but to take action. No telling what actually happened to lead up to the cheerleaders saying what they did (not condoning but there are multiple sides to every story) and it was also stated that the entire squad is being punished for just a few girls actions. Also, the adults that complained on the other side pushed it (maybe rightfully so, who knows) to demand action and not only are the girls involved being punished but the entire squad is now out of commission. The principal/school administrators were truly caught in the middle. They were damned if you do, damned if you don't.

How little are these adults and how sad this entire situation. Did anyone really learn any lessons? Just breeds more hostility and resentment. Make them talk it out and understand their actions and why actions on both sides were a bad idea. Above all, punishing the non involved cheerleaders is absolutely reprehensible. Just my 2 cents.
Quote:
From their photos it looks like a nice bunch of kids. Must have been something pretty serious to warrant shutting down the whole program.
Quote:

Quote:
Exactly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6NMA7lAnGs

Old 02-02-2019, 01:34 PM

16,690 posts, read 29,502,859 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Exactly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On1uwi6UMgc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: