U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 01:26 PM

340 posts, read 1,457,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amhn View Post
One more question for you You said you are a city guy, if you were given the opportunity to move in the city, where would your first choice be and why?
thanks again
The best place is around Centennial Olympic Park where it has a nice view, is walkable, safe, and most contemporary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 02:23 PM

21,871 posts, read 13,427,817 times
Quote:
Hi, Thank you so much for all the advice, we are planning a trip up there.
One more question for you You said you are a city guy, if you were given the opportunity to move in the city, where would your first choice be and why?
thanks again
IMO, I live in the best spot in Atlanta - Inman Park. It is the first planned neighborhood in Atlanta. Check out the website at Inman Park. If you plan to come and visit during the last week of April - you can stop in on the Inman Park Festival. It's one of the most popular festival in the City!

(oops - I really did not answer all of your question) I love the location of the neighborhood. I can easily and quickly get on 75/85 and I-20. I also think that it is a great neighborhood because people actually come outside their home and walk and visit with other neighbors. It is also an eclectic mix of residents. The unofficial motto is that it's hard to be odd in Inman Park. There are local shops and restaurants to go to. They are truly local and I like supporting "mom and pop" shops as much as possible as they are a part of the neighborhood fabric. I can walk to a MARTA subway station. I usually hop on the subway to get to the airport and to sporting and concerts downtown as it is easier and cheaper than driving.

Like someone else wrote - Centennial Olympic Park is a very urban and truly downtown area of Atlanta. Although, I don't know where the closest grocery store is.

Castleberry Hill is a nice loft area just a few blocks away. Castleberry Hill Neighborhood Association There is a new development that will bring more pedestrian activity to the neighborhood. It's called Castleberry Point Lofts. But they are for sale and not rentals. They plan to have restaurants and a small grocery store there too.

Maybe the Ponce de Leon location might be slightly better. There is a large grassy vacant lot that you could walk the dog and you would be one block over and closer to the restaurants.

Here is a Google map of Central Park. 400 Merritts Ave. NE atlanta (Central - Google Maps Park)&ie=UTF8&om=1

You can see the proximity of the apartments to the park.

Last edited by George Chong; 04-09-2008 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: did not answer all the questions

Old 04-10-2008, 11:18 AM

31 posts, read 87,201 times
I will check out the 1660 Peachtree street apartment. Thanks

Old 04-10-2008, 11:21 AM

Thanks guys, for all the information. I am going to check it out. The annoying part is that we are trying to stay within out apartment company otherwise we will have to pay the penalties. I dont even think they have apartments in the areas you all have mentioned, but will check them out.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:25 AM

6 posts, read 17,273 times
Hi,
I live in Renaissance Park Condos. I love living here for the past 16 years and have owned 3 condos in this association. I am moving, however, and need to sell 2-2BR condos, one is 2 level and the other is a 3 level. I can sell or rent. Everything is convenient and within walking distance.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:31 PM

23,120 posts, read 36,425,098 times
Quote:
I will check out the 1660 Peachtree street apartment. Thanks
You should...that's an excellent location. You're right next to great walking neighborhoods (Sherwood Forest and Ansley Park), there's a supermarket (Kroger) and other shopping right up the road, and you're just a few blocks north of the heart of Midtown there.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:23 PM

That would be great if we were looking to buy right now. We live in an equity residence so are hoping to transfer our lease which we can do without penalty, otherwise we would ahve to pay the penalties to break it and it is not us until the end of the year
But it does sound great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or