U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 07:49 PM

5 posts, read 25,173 times

Advertisements

Any comments on safety, construction, the builder? My husband and I have a newborn and are looking into this community. Additionally, my mother in law will be living with us and be at home during the day.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 08:09 PM

722 posts, read 3,030,028 times
from what I see it looks like a very nice community. The homes look attractive and well built and there are lots of amenities. Casacde has been an established upper middle class black neighborhood for several decades and is now enjoying rejuvinated interest. Of course, you need to check out the neighborhood and the area extensively before you buy.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:55 AM

5 posts, read 25,173 times
I have been hearing about home invasions in the southwest. Has this area been affected?

Old 04-11-2008, 09:02 AM

145 posts, read 543,906 times
The SW Atlanta quadrant includes everything from the State Capitol all the way out past the perimeter into the Ninsky Lakes neighborhood (which has 1 of the top 5 highest household income averages of Atlanta's neighborhoods). It is unreasonable for someone to think that the worst of SW Atlanta cancels out the best of SW Atlanta. For example Bankhead/Centerhill and "Old Money" Buckhead are both in NW Atlanta.

The neighborhood you are talking about is not that far from where the Mayor lives and you won't see any boarded up homes or really even security bars there. What intrigues me most about that area (besides the canopy of trees) is unless it is new construction you barely see homes for sale, and that says a lot. I'm sure that if you go to the Atlanta PD Website the crime maps will show that this is one of the safer neighborhoods in the City of Atlanta (+ the proximity to Downtown/Midtown).

Old 04-11-2008, 09:28 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,597,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nannygoat77 View Post
Any comments on safety, construction, the builder? My husband and I have a newborn and are looking into this community. Additionally, my mother in law will be living with us and be at home during the day.

Thanks!
We used moved into a new Centex home and are happy thus far. I read they finished 2nd last year in Atlanta in customer satisfaction surveys (behind Weiland).
They are offering some great deals..prepare to ask for a lot off the list price.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:08 AM

239 posts, read 835,554 times
My wife and I purchased in this community (we are set to close next month). We started looking at the property about a year ago and jumped on it once the prices dropped. Obviously I don’t have much first hand experience with it yet – but we attend a church in the area and are pretty familiar with it. Centex has a good building reputation and we spoke with people in the community before we purchased and all reviews were positive (aside from the price drop from when they purchased). The community is gated with a security officer (two during the day/ 1 at night) 24 hrs/day. One thing I would keep in mind is that there is a train the passes near the property (you can not hear the train but you do hear the horn when it blows). But that did not bother us. I’ll have more feedback for you once we move in. Good luck!

Old 04-11-2008, 11:32 AM

5,440 posts, read 5,023,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nannygoat77 View Post

Thanks!

From my experience, Centex is a solid national builder with a good warranty. A few years ago, I helped a buyer client purchase in the Amhurst subdivision in SW Atlanta; don't confuse this with Atrues Communities' Amhurst subdivision. In 2004, Centex built out the front section. We performed a thorough walk-through before closing to address any concerns. Afterwards, the closing attorney had all the loan docs and settlement statement prepared in a timely fashion for review. Overall, it was a good experience.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:32 AM

168 posts, read 495,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesm View Post
The SW Atlanta quadrant includes everything from the State Capitol all the way out past the perimeter into the Ninsky Lakes neighborhood (which has 1 of the top 5 highest household income averages of Atlanta's neighborhoods).
Just to clarify, it's Niskey Lake. Absolutely wonderful neighborhood.

NISKEY LAKE

Old 04-14-2008, 08:16 PM

2 posts, read 10,694 times
I heard that Centex is pulling out and not finishing this subdivision. Has anyone heard the same?

Old 04-15-2008, 06:29 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,564,516 times
Default I wonder why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady t View Post
I heard that Centex is pulling out and not finishing this subdivision. Has anyone heard the same?
I guess your speaking of this subdivision since it's the only one that hasn't sold out yet in SW Atlanta...I wonder why they are pulling out? They seems affordable and priced right and it's a decent neighborhood. Any on with any insight on this?

Fox & Jacobs - Cascades - The Cottages neighborhood in Atlanta GA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta