U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2008, 01:21 PM

4 posts, read 19,418 times

Advertisements

I have a two-years-old daughter. We are going to visit "Kids R kids" in pleasantdale road and "KiderCare" in old chamblee-tucker and dresden drive. Have anyone experienced those childcare centers? Or please recommand any childcare center close to those childcare centers, either half-day or all day. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 02:54 PM

1,516 posts, read 6,226,388 times
Check Bright from the Start - Home for a complete review of all GA daycares.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:07 PM

313 posts, read 1,037,033 times
We have had friends that used the KidsR kids center...and they loved it....they also lived in L/ville so I am not sure which one they used. We had friends in another area of atlanta that used KrK too, and they had a good experience. Always check the individual center just to be on the safe side...if the teachers are happy and have been there awhile, that's usually a good sign too.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:28 AM

1,516 posts, read 6,226,388 times
Excellent point. Ask about teacher turnover. That usually says a lot.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:41 PM

Thank you for offering me those suggestions. I visited "KiderCare" in old chamblee-tucker yesterday. I am curious why they just have few students since I noticed they combine one year olds and 2 year olds into one classroom. The ratio of children to teachers for two year olds is ten. Is it normal? They told me some of students' parent took them to travel during the summer time.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:27 PM

8,862 posts, read 15,209,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnaWei View Post
Thank you for offering me those suggestions. I visited "KiderCare" in old chamblee-tucker yesterday. I am curious why they just have few students since I noticed they combine one year olds and 2 year olds into one classroom. The ratio of children to teachers for two year olds is ten. Is it normal? They told me some of students' parent took them to travel during the summer time.
I would be skeptical about having few students.
Last week was Spring Break for several local school systems but students should have been in school on Monday.

Have you checked with some of the church preschools in this area?
I've heard some good things about the program at Shallowford Presbyterian church. That is not far from Chamblee-Tucker Rd.

Old 04-15-2008, 04:58 PM

44 posts, read 192,267 times
Default Not KinderCare

I used KinderCare for my older kids one summer, and I hated it! The "summer camp" flier listed all these activities and trips, each week had a theme and it looked really fun. However I soon realized that this was not the case, the pool was broken half the summer and most of the trips and activities never happened. Everyday when I came to pick them up I would find them sitting in front of the TV watching movies...they could have done that at home! When I complain the "director" started complaining about how the center didn't have the money to do all those things.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:34 AM

Thanks for suggestions!

My feelings just like TakeAHike and Iorhob06 are negative about KinderCare so I try to search for local church's preschools. I registered Embry Hills United Methodist church's preschool for 3 day class yesterday and probably register St. Andrews Presbyterian Church's preschool for 2 day class soon. My friend is going to have her 2 year old in Tucer First United Methodist Church's preschool or First Baptist Church's preschool. Have anyone heared those church's preschol beore?

I heard that they have heavy requirement of parent involvement in Shallford Presbyterian Preschool so I have never been there. Is that true? I don't mind involving in kid's class but not for every week. Joining kid's class probably makes me know better about my kid's life. However, it's too much for me if it goes every weeks.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:54 AM

1 posts, read 5,231 times
Default Love St Andrews Preschool

Located on Lavista Rd, Tucker. They offer extended day care on top of preschool hours and also have afterschool care for certain local schools. They are pretty flexable i.e can accomadate extra days. Staff/teachers are super nice and many have been there for years. I love it b/c it is more like a preschool instead of a daycare center. It is great for the PT or FT working parent. Although their closed holidays mostly follow Dekalb County schools. Summer daycare is very flexible. They take older kids swimming every week!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or