Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 03:45 PM

23,464 posts, read 44,074,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
A renovation to most people means redoing the bathroom or kitchen.

We are talking about taking a 900 foot 2 bedroom cape cod, & adding 3,000 square feet to the house in the back along with a 4 car basement garage.
Exactly. That is a renovation, not a teardown. The original structure is intact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2019, 05:31 PM

620 posts, read 1,073,107 times
Soo I just got back .....

We did both Savanah & ATL... and even though Savanah is smaller and more relaxed ... I liked it better ! We were there during an intense heat wave.

Savanah .... Pro: BEAUTIFUL, Architecture omg , had more southern charm, very friendly people , Gullah culture very interesting
& unique, not much traffic , made me feel like we were in the deep south , SCAD was cool
Cons: Can get boring quick, Not many dining options , had racist undertones, not much diversity at all .

Now Atlanta..... It was a lot bigger and dirtier than I imagined. It just seemed like endless highways everywhere. It was VERY spread out and sprawling ! The people I met weren't generally friendly . It just felt like a black , hot NYC. The best meal I had was Fried Pork Chop at Big Daddy Southerns Food in Downtown. I feel like downtown ATL is what the past looked like. It had a very urban and ghetto feel for the most part. People wouldn't even put their signal to turn. I did enjoy the little scooters downtown to ride around. Piedmont park is an oasis and nice but it aint no Central Park. With all the buildings Coca Cola , etc it just seemed like any other city. The urban youth and locals seemed a bit "rough".

Don't get me wrong I love hip hop and the vibes I got. But it is a lot of driving, the heat wave was intenseee and the service seems very rude. Unless I have business in town I won't consider ATL again. It has no draw to me .

Don't get me wrong.. there is nice dining ( loved the Highland area) ... but it still seemed like a city divided.. Koreans in Duluth , Blacks all over, whites in another area. Traffic horrible... some really ugly areas but also some nice old white money areas. It is truly the urban sprawl capital of the US. Everyone was just so ghetto fabulous... I love ATL music influence in Hip hop...it completely changed the sound of music till this day ! But no thank you ....

Old 05-29-2019, 06:58 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,560,674 times
Well damn, lol.

Old 05-29-2019, 08:34 PM

111 posts, read 104,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popfizz View Post

We did both Savanah & ATL... and even though Savanah is smaller and more relaxed ... I liked it better ! We were there during an intense heat wave.

Savanah .... Pro: BEAUTIFUL, Architecture omg , had more southern charm, very friendly people , Gullah culture very interesting
& unique, not much traffic , made me feel like we were in the deep south , SCAD was cool
Cons: Can get boring quick, Not many dining options , had racist undertones, not much diversity at all .

Now Atlanta..... It was a lot bigger and dirtier than I imagined. It just seemed like endless highways everywhere. It was VERY spread out and sprawling ! The people I met weren't generally friendly . It just felt like a black , hot NYC. The best meal I had was Fried Pork Chop at Big Daddy Southerns Food in Downtown. I feel like downtown ATL is what the past looked like. It had a very urban and ghetto feel for the most part. People wouldn't even put their signal to turn. I did enjoy the little scooters downtown to ride around. Piedmont park is an oasis and nice but it aint no Central Park. With all the buildings Coca Cola , etc it just seemed like any other city. The urban youth and locals seemed a bit "rough".

Don't get me wrong I love hip hop and the vibes I got. But it is a lot of driving, the heat wave was intenseee and the service seems very rude. Unless I have business in town I won't consider ATL again. It has no draw to me .

Don't get me wrong.. there is nice dining ( loved the Highland area) ... but it still seemed like a city divided.. Koreans in Duluth , Blacks all over, whites in another area. Traffic horrible... some really ugly areas but also some nice old white money areas. It is truly the urban sprawl capital of the US. Everyone was just so ghetto fabulous... I love ATL music influence in Hip hop...it completely changed the sound of music till this day ! But no thank you ....
I think if you visited the east side from Inman Park, Little Five Points, Edgewood, Kirkwood you would have found that diversity you were looking for with an eclectic feel and you could have done it all on the train with maybe a short bus or scooter ride. You chose the areas like downtown(tourist trap with dangerous center) and other places where you need a car to explore which was your mistake. Sorry you didn't like the ATL but there is more here if you look into it.

Old 05-30-2019, 06:50 AM

617 posts, read 551,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdbass View Post
I think if you visited the east side from Inman Park, Little Five Points, Edgewood, Kirkwood you would have found that diversity you were looking for with an eclectic feel and you could have done it all on the train with maybe a short bus or scooter ride. You chose the areas like downtown(tourist trap with dangerous center) and other places where you need a car to explore which was your mistake. Sorry you didn't like the ATL but there is more here if you look into it.
It sounds like he didn't make it out of Downtown/Midtown LMAO. Sad.

Old 05-30-2019, 09:58 AM

651 posts, read 476,007 times
Quote:
Everyone was just so ghetto fabulous... .

Old 05-30-2019, 12:14 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,259,585 times
For the record, it's usually nice weather in May. You came during a freak early heat wave.

Old 05-30-2019, 01:22 PM

111 posts, read 104,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakumaster View Post
Yeah I think he spent too much time downtown to think Atlanta is just Ghetto Fab. LOL!

Old 05-30-2019, 02:17 PM
bu2

24,092 posts, read 14,875,404 times
Quote:

Atlanta is perhaps the friendliest big city in the country. Surprised you got that rudeness vibe. But then maybe you hung around downtown too much.

Old 05-30-2019, 03:04 PM

23,464 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Atlanta is perhaps the friendliest big city in the country. Surprised you got that rudeness vibe. But then maybe you hung around downtown too much.
Not a lot of substance behind that analysis IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta