Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 10:53 PM

459 posts, read 471,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparker73 View Post
For the past week or so, it looks like the DOT has been waging war on weeds, overgrown trees, and the homeless on the downtown exit/entrance ramps on I-20 and Windsor Street. There's an incredible amount of trash and debris that has been exposed, and it's been at least a week since anything has been done about picking it up. Does anyone have any insight on what they're going to do to improve the landscaping and discourage the encampments?

BEFORE

AFTER

[IMG][/IMG]

I finally found where my tire went 3 years ago. I no longer live down there, so just keep it! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2019, 03:14 AM

3,656 posts, read 3,908,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
I was at the "Green concerts" in Piedmont Park with the Eagles and Paul McCartney. Generally older crowds. And a "Green" concert. Yet the park was trashed.

Peachtree Road Race with runners who are usually pretty orderly and conscientious. Head out on 10th St. and people just throw all their trash in the street even through there are trash cans.

Littering is a way of life in Atlanta. It doesn't have to be.
They seem to like trash strewn all around them, that’s why they are quick to get the bus shelters surrounded, and parking lots too.

Locals were raised to disrespect everything.

At LA fitness locals pee all over the seat because why bother lifting it? They don’t care about the next person needing to sit down. I yell at them for being so inconsiderate.

It all come back to parenting.

Now I’ve got to email Walmart and complain about the parking lot trash at Howell Mill location.

Old 06-26-2019, 08:59 PM

459 posts, read 471,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
They seem to like trash strewn all around them, that’s why they are quick to get the bus shelters surrounded, and parking lots too.

Locals were raised to disrespect everything.

At LA fitness locals pee all over the seat because why bother lifting it? They don’t care about the next person needing to sit down. I yell at them for being so inconsiderate.

It all come back to parenting.

Now I’ve got to email Walmart and complain about the parking lot trash at Howell Mill location.

I've seen stalls people crap all over the place. I'm like how do they even manage to do that unless your chasing something around in there and jumping up and down and dancing around as you crap. I think it's done on purpose. Disgusting, but on purpose. I have used the ladies room if the men's room is completely trashed and unusable in my opinion. Public restrooms in general is typically never a good thing to use unless you have to. lol

Old 06-26-2019, 10:50 PM

3,656 posts, read 3,908,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipkl07 View Post
I've seen stalls people crap all over the place. I'm like how do they even manage to do that unless your chasing something around in there and jumping up and down and dancing around as you crap. I think it's done on purpose. Disgusting, but on purpose. I have used the ladies room if the men's room is offcompletely trashed and unusable in my opinion. Public restrooms in general is typically never a good thing to use unless you have to. lol
It’s an area that needs innovation. Atlanta has a dislike of cleaning even when it’s their job and are getting paid.

We need smoother toilet surfaced with less nooks and crannies for pee & boogers and crap to never get cleaned off. Airplane lavatories are sorta like that.

I think self-cleaning walls like a wall water fountain that ribs once a day with diluted bleach is a start.

Bathroom fixtures in general are hard to clean so we need more stuff Jutting fromthe wall so its not getting splattered with toothpaste spit, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta