U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 05:12 PM

6 posts, read 14,551 times

Advertisements

It looks like a great area. My oldest daughter plays multiple sports, with soccer being her favorite. I see that Alpharetta offers a lot of options, but do middle schools have sports teams for girls? I've checked the websites for many of the schools in the area and it looks like some have just 8th grade sports or coed. I'm sure that my daughter would hate to play against 7th/8th grade boys. Are there girl teams in middle school or does everyone just play club/rec ball.

Also, I think that 45 min to 1 hour would be very doable for my husband. We're coming from NJ, so traffic is a pain here as well. Is Milton planning on having a "recreation department" aspect to the town, or do they just plan on leveraging Alpharetta's infrastructure?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 10:04 PM

13,394 posts, read 21,607,870 times
The Milton middle schools have "feeder teams" for both girls and boys. They are called the Junior Eagles. I know they offer football, baseball, basketball and lacrosse, I'm not positive about soccer. Milton does have a privately run soccer club, with a large indoor and outdoor facility on Birmingham Highway. Many of the girls in my neighborhood play on teams there. Milton is in the process of setting aside parkland. Right now there is North Park on Cogburn Rd with lots of athletic fields. We've always registered for teams by the park they were run out of. Since my kids played ball at Wills Park in Alpharetta, we went through their rec department.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:34 PM

63 posts, read 194,705 times
Default Soccer

You should also check out Stars Soccer Club off Birmingham Hwy in Milton. We have played soccer there for 3 years and I love the program. Alpharetta Rec also has a good sports league as well as Roswell Rec Center.
The home prices in Milton vary greatly - depending on what you are looking for. I just showed someone a great home in the low 300's - but they are few and far between. But the current market has homes that have been sitting for a long time and anxious homeowners giving many incentives and price cuts to move them.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:12 AM

Default Stars soccer club

Thanks for the info about stars. I tried getting on the web page but it is "under contruction". I will keep checking. It looks like most area clubs have tryouts at the end of May, which would stink for us since my daughter would still be in school that week. Would you have any info about when the clubs tryouts would be for U13G for STARS or who a contact would be? Thanks.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:22 PM

63 posts, read 194,705 times
Default 400N.com

I just went to the website - Welcome to Stars Soccer Club and it is up. They Youth Development teams do not require tryouts and you would be able to sign up for the fall league and possible the summer camps. There is a traveling league that you have to tryout for - email them at info@starssoccerclub.com. Here is the full info on them:
Stars Soccer Club
14295 Birmingham Highway
Alpharetta, GA 30004
678-366-9008 or 9111
fax 770-772-9758
info@starssoccerclub.com
www.starssoccerclub.com

Good luck with them - they have a wonderful facility and the coaches are great!

Old 04-23-2008, 09:22 AM

Default Thanks for the website:

I was able to pull this up. Thanks so much for the info. My daughter has been playing travel in NJ for many years, so she would probably want to try out and see how it goes. I just want her to be on a team with kids in her school so that she gets to know some of them. Thanks again for the info.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:34 PM

2 posts, read 5,996 times
moved here 15 yrs ago from uk. I live in miltom area there are lots of schools and good areas to live .Commute will take about 1 hr to atlanta. I would reccomend a temp rental in the city get to know it first there is so much choice. A great time to do this is in the school summer vacation. then it does not ditrupe the school change. Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or