Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 07:03 PM

16 posts, read 12,873 times

Advertisements

Hi,

So we are relocating to the area on next month some time or at the VERY beginning of September. I have 2 children that are in elementary school and I REALLY NEED some advice on if we should move to 1)Johns Creek 2)Sugar Hill 3)Peachtree Corners 4)Berkeley Lake

I want a quiet subdivision with possibly a playground and pool area , diverse area, family oriented fun things to do and great school. If there are a couple of great schools to choose from, I'd like to know the best one out of the 2

Thanks in advance,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2019, 07:08 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
Welcome to the forum and to the area!

Not sure I have ever seen anyone not get an immediate to almost immediate response but kudos to you for being clear on your expectations.

Be sure to do an Advanced Search to read up on the areas you have mentioned for threads already in progress.

All the best!

Old 07-14-2019, 07:39 PM

3,715 posts, read 3,701,850 times
Where is your husband's job located (that info will hold others back from wanting to provide advice). In fact, can you answer the following so we can better help:

1) Husband's job location
2) are you working outside of the home and if so where
3) what's your home budget
4) what ages are your children
5) how important is it to you to have somewhat regular access to the city of Atlanta (vs. the suburbs) amenities?

Old 07-14-2019, 07:42 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,057,844 times
Johns Creek has the best schools.

If you can afford to live on actual Berkeley Lake, that's great living... But if you can't, I'd forget about it. Sugar Hill is in the boonies and the schools in Peachtree Corners aren't quite there yet.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
Welcome to the forum and to the area!

Not sure I have ever seen anyone not get an immediate to almost immediate response but kudos to you for being clear on your expectations.

Be sure to do an Advanced Search to read up on the areas you have mentioned for threads already in progress.

All the best!
Thank you!!

Old 07-14-2019, 08:35 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,786,205 times
Just for schools, my guess would be Johns Creek and Sugar Hill. But, in Atlanta you really need to consider your commute, too.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid3785 View Post
Where is your husband's job located (that info will hold others back from wanting to provide advice). In fact, can you answer the following so we can better help:

1) Husband's job location
2) are you working outside of the home and if so where
3) what's your home budget
4) what ages are your children
5) how important is it to you to have somewhat regular access to the city of Atlanta (vs. the suburbs) amenities?
Oh, okay. Great!

His job is in John's Creek/Suwanne because he will be between the two cities some days.

My children are 9 1/2 and 6 years of age.

I am a S.A.H.M. (Stay At Home Mom)

And I don't EVER have to go to Atlanta, as I prefer to do festivities in the area that I will reside in.

Thank you

Old 07-14-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
Johns Creek has the best schools.

If you can afford to live on actual Berkeley Lake, that's great living... But if you can't, I'd forget about it. Sugar Hill is in the boonies and the schools in Peachtree Corners aren't quite there yet.
Okay. Great! Thank you for the advice!

Old 07-14-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeoff View Post
Just for schools, my guess would be Johns Creek and Sugar Hill. But, in Atlanta you really need to consider your commute, too.
Okay. Great! Thank you for the advice!

Old 07-14-2019, 09:04 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,786,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM_20 View Post
Oh, okay. Great!

His job is in John's Creek/Suwanne because he will be between the two cities some days.

My children are 9 1/2 and 6 years of age.

I am a S.A.H.M. (Stay At Home Mom)

And I don't EVER have to go to Atlanta, as I prefer to do festivities in the area that I will reside in.

Thank you
You can go to greatschools.com to look at the diversity and test scores of potential schools. My exposure to the areas are through friends and acquaintances. I have friends that have had a great experience with sugar hill, both schools and activities. While the reputation of Johns Creek schools is so good, many folks will overlook terrible commutes to live there. So, if you are already working in the area, seems like you are set!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta