Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 02:08 AM

2,378 posts, read 1,313,222 times

Advertisements

There isn’t much police can do. No cop is going to chase them and cause greater risk. Sadly the civil society is breaking down more and more and this behavior has become the norm. Live in a place where the American flag flies on homes and you will most likely have to deal with such chaos.

Old 07-29-2019, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
I love that they do this. Americans are pathetically intolerant of any form of disruption, and for a bunch of people from a marginalized background to have formalized a disruptive activity that the authorities have virtually no recourse against borders on poetic.

#atlbikelife forever.
You’re an idiot! It’s pathetic to not be tolerant of chaos and anarchy? What makes you so certain you would last long in a society without any rule of law? Scary how there are so many dumb people that surround us.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:19 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,116,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
Live in a place where the American flag flies on homes and you will most likely have to deal with such chaos.
What is that supposed to mean?

Old 07-29-2019, 07:54 AM

5,845 posts, read 6,153,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
J-Walkers typically only have best interest in mind
Whose best interest? Their own? Not when they jaywalk twenty feet away from the nearest crosswalk.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:17 AM

11,775 posts, read 7,989,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
Whose best interest? Their own? Not when they jaywalk twenty feet away from the nearest crosswalk.
By this, I mean they are not running up and down a central business district popping wheelies and performing stunts of which and ampletons more likely to endanger bystanders and innocents. ATV riders who take their amusement on public roads have desires of amusement on public property and are fully aware that they are evading enforcement, putting public and private property at risk, and causing a major disruption where as J-Walkers are really only intending to get to their destination faster. Neither are right - but a J-Walker violates far less asside from his personal safety and possibly one vehicle where as these ATV riders are jeopardizing hundreds of both vehicles and pedestrians. J-Walkers can be much more easily citated, and they typically confide after that. ATV riders continuously with no regard for law or safety hosts these events in public areas and also cannot be ticketed or apprehended so easily and they know that which is why they continue to play these games.

J-Walkers do not cross busy streets while trying to interrupt traffic (this comes as a byproduct) nor do they do so with the intent on evading police.

ATV Riders in these instances will do both.

Old 07-29-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
What is that supposed to mean?
Because people who are proud of their nation believe in a civil society and rule of law. Areas where people who are not proud of their nation chaos usually prevails. I forgot to put “not” in the sentence. I can see the confusion.

“Live in a place where the American flag flies on homes and you will most likely not have to deal with such chaos.”

Last edited by Nyfinestbxtf; 07-29-2019 at 01:42 PM..

Old 07-29-2019, 01:02 PM

3,707 posts, read 5,982,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
You’re an idiot! It’s pathetic to not be tolerant of chaos and anarchy? What makes you so certain you would last long in a society without any rule of law? Scary how there are so many dumb people that surround us.
Thank goodness selfless people like you have militarized our society so as to protect the masses of ingrates like me from the insidious threat posed by ATV gangs who ride around doing wheelies twice a week for fun. How ever would I manage if you weren't out there, day in day out, terrorizing minorities on my behalf?

Old 07-29-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
Thank goodness selfless people like you have militarized our society so as to protect the masses of ingrates like me from the insidious threat posed by ATV gangs who ride around doing wheelies twice a week for fun. How ever would I manage if you weren't out there, day in day out, terrorizing minorities on my behalf?
Militarized? Do you have mash potatoes for brains? It’s called a civil society and rule of law. Without that all there is is chaos and anarchy. Yes, people riding around on ATV’s that are not registered and not insured on public streets violating traffic laws and causing public nuisance is cause for concern. There are places to ride ATV’s and public streets are not one of them.

Terrorize minorities? What are you talking about? Do minorities or anyone for that matter appear to be terrorized by police?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta