U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 06:49 AM

17 posts, read 61,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilyn View Post
I now live on Roberts Dr. closest to the 8000 block of Roswell Rd.
Thanks anilyn. Can you share the name of apartment you live in? I havent been to this area before and starting to find online search a pain (they all look the same in pics .

From what you desribed, your part of the Roswell area sounds nice. Are you in walkable distance to MARTA. How do you find the people in your community?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
The OP has another thread and seems to be looking for apartments in the Marietta/Vinings area.
Thank you TakeAhike for your help. Yes, we have looked at places Ashford-Dunwoody area (Jefferson at Perimiter, Ashford, Gables and Post). These places are nice and closer to everything (the only low side being the traffic condition in peak hours). Since it is something we will have to live with in ATL, do you suggest we pick up something in this area? (getting tired of this search now!)

Alternatively, I was suggested to look into Roswell, Marietta and Decatur areas as second option to Dunwoody. Hence, all my different posts asking people for help.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:01 AM

8,862 posts, read 15,202,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cm1379 View Post
Thank you TakeAhike for your help. Yes, we have looked at places Ashford-Dunwoody area (Jefferson at Perimiter, Ashford, Gables and Post). These places are nice and closer to everything (the only low side being the traffic condition in peak hours). Since it is something we will have to live with in ATL, do you suggest we pick up something in this area? (getting tired of this search now!)

Alternatively, I was suggested to look into Roswell, Marietta and Decatur areas as second option to Dunwoody. Hence, all my different posts asking people for help.
CM,
I know you must be frustrated.

Decatur is one of the better places to live in Atlanta and you could find a route to Buckhead that might utilize surface streets as alternatives.
Here>>>
City of Decatur, GA

You might also want to look at the 'Emory Corridor'/Executive Park area--between Buckhead and Decatur---
Go Here>>>
//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...uford-hwy.html

Somewhere I think you said you wanted something for around $1,000/mo/2 bdr?

Do you have other preferences?

Old 04-17-2008, 08:22 AM

Thanks, will look into these links. Yes, our range is $1000/mo for a 2BR. Some of the must haves - W/D in unit, large closet spaces and lots of natural light/windows, spacious kitchen.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:40 AM

8,355 posts, read 14,083,061 times
Somewhere along the line, you will become familiar with the screwy road name game that is played in the ATL area. There are two main 'Roswell' Roads...one goes from Marietta to Roswell and the 'real' one that goes from Peachtree St and Roswell Rd. in Atlanta to Roswell, changing from Roswell Rd to Atlanta St to Alpharetta Hwy and so on. So be careful when you hear 'Roswell' Rd or Peachtree something or Shallowford or Mabry or many of the other names that show up in various parts of the metro area. Good luck.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:51 AM

79 posts, read 348,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
Somewhere along the line, you will become familiar with the screwy road name game that is played in the ATL area. There are two main 'Roswell' Roads...one goes from Marietta to Roswell and the 'real' one that goes from Peachtree St and Roswell Rd. in Atlanta to Roswell, changing from Roswell Rd to Atlanta St to Alpharetta Hwy and so on. So be careful when you hear 'Roswell' Rd or Peachtree something or Shallowford or Mabry or many of the other names that show up in various parts of the metro area. Good luck.
Boy did I find that out the hard way. :faint:

Old 04-17-2008, 11:28 PM

2,700 posts, read 5,018,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cm1379 View Post

Did you try looking at apartments on Roswell Road near the Fountain Oaks shopping center? This is a great area. The Kroger is excellent and there is a great gym in that center. You can use back roads like Windsor Parkway so traffic is better than the Ashford Dunwoody area. Marta Bus number 5 runs down Roswell Road and takes you into Buckhead(at Peachtree & Piedmont) and to Lindbergh Marta(past Buckhead).

I don't know if these ratings are trustworthy but it is a good list of the apartment complexes in the area. If the link does not work do a search for zip code 30342.

Apartment Ratings

http://www.itsmarta.com/getthere/buspdfs/5.pdf (broken link)

Route 5 Weekday Schedule -MARTA (http://www.itsmarta.com/getthere/schedules/tables/rte_5_W.htm#table0 - broken link)

Old 04-18-2008, 06:27 AM

8,862 posts, read 15,202,360 times
This sounds like the best suggestion yet, CM.

This part of Roswell Rd is south of Sandy Springs and not far from Buckhead.

Good Luck.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:53 AM

Thank you all for your inputs. I now understand its not only ATL traffic that drives people mad!

After suggestions from most of you, I contacted ProMove. They're ready to take me around and show places per our criteria. Hope to find something good!

Thanks again.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:56 AM

Thanks capoeira. I will look into this area. Appreciate your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
Did you try looking at apartments on Roswell Road near the Fountain Oaks shopping center?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or