Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 01:40 PM

17 posts, read 66,257 times

Advertisements

Any suggestions on good apartments (2 BR) on Roswell Road in Sandy Springs area? Heard this place is closer to MARTA and a good location to find apartments in. Any specific recommendations?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 02:00 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,479,539 times
Years ago there were several apartment complexes on Roswell Rd at I285. If they are still there I would not think they are in good shape. The area close to the former 'Prado' is being redeveloped and perhaps newer housing is included?

The area around Perimeter Mall should have more apartment complexes.

I did a forum search for previous threads 'apartments Dunwoody' and there are quite a few.

You might find some FYI in these posts.

Here's one>>>
//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...s-30350-a.html
<Spacelord said:>
Apartments? Are you talking about the area that is on the other side of 400, near the Island Ford Chattahoochee park? If so, I think it's kind of hit or miss. There are some low-grade apartments down there (or there used to be) that were geared towards low-income renters. That area near Roswell Rd. (where Dunwoody Place hits Roswell....Roberts Dr. is right near there) used to be really bad...a lot of loitering and people walking up and down Roswell. It's still not great, but it is better. There are, in effect, two different Roberts Dr.'s....the one I just discussed, and then another (or the same, but just disconnected from the one above) that runs from Northridge south down into Dunwoody. That section is almost purely residential (although busy with traffic) and I know of no apartments on that stretch of road.

CMMom - I know that there is a plan to redevelop that intersection you mention. I actually live off D'woody Club Dr. and have to make that horrible left turn onto Spalding every morning! Sandy Springs is currently in the process of gathering info and having a consultant draw up different models.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:01 PM

79 posts, read 377,680 times
I started that thread a month or so ago. I now live on Roberts Dr. closest to the 8000 block of Roswell Rd. There are several nice homes and apt. complexes on this end. I am very happy with my choice. Roberts Dr. actually ends at Dunwoody Place on my end- right at the Coca-Cola plant. I'm not familiar with the other side of Roberts Drive down by Spaulding.

Old 04-16-2008, 01:01 PM

Maybe you can counsel this poster. I tried to think of where apartments were located on Roswell Rd/Sandy Springs and couldn't recall seeing any.

Roberts Rd crosses Roswell north of Sandy Springs? It has been a very long time since I was in that area.

Spalding Drive--I have driven it from Peachtree Corners and became incredibly lost--'somewhere' beyond the Fulton County line.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 04-16-2008 at 01:13 PM..

Old 04-16-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Maybe you can counsel this poster. I tried to think of where apartments were located on Roswell Rd/Sandy Springs and couldn't recall seeing any.

Roberts Rd crosses Roswell north of Sandy Springs? It has been a very long time since I was in that area.

Spalding Drive--I have driven it from Peachtree Corners and became incredibly lost--'somewhere' beyond the Fulton County line.
I've only been here for 2 wks so I doubt I'll be of much help.

I've seen some apartments directly off of Roswell but they are further down probably in the 5000-6000 block area. My end of Roberts Dr can be accessed directly from Roswell Rd. I think the last business address is listed as 8999 Roswell Rd. It's right before you cross the bridge and Roswell Rd. becomes Atlanta St. The intersection of Azalea Drive and Riverside Drive is in that area. Some of the apts in that area of Roberts Drive are The Lexington and the Reserve of Dunwoody. There are several others as well as some condos and townhomes but I don't know the names off hand.

Roberts Dr. can also be accessed from Roswell Rd by taking Dunwoody Place and turning directly in front of the Coca-Cola facility.

I've seen Spalding Drive but have yet to venture on it yet but from what I understand it's very busy. It's further down Roswell than where I'm located, like maybe around the 5000 block of Roswell.

Sorry, I don't know if that answered any questions. Like I said, I've been here all of two weeks and still get lost on a daily basis.

Old 04-16-2008, 01:51 PM

LOL--You are doing well for only living here 2 weeks.

Sounds like there has been a lot of change in this area and I should plan a trip soon. It sounds to me like you are describing 'Roswell'/city of. 'Atlanta St'/Azalea Drive/Riverside Dr.

I get so turned around.

I think Roswell Rd goes all the way to Marietta. Spalding Drive might, too.

Best to consult MapQuest before venturing out. LOL.

The OP is trying to move from NJ and I believe he has tried to find an apartment for several weeks and is just not having much luck. Fingers crossed someone will have a good suggestion.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:44 PM

Yes, that's the area I was describing as where my end of roberts drive is located.

I'm springing for a GPS. Mapquest and Google had me smack in the middle of a subdivision the other day trying to find Target.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:47 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,076,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I think Roswell Rd goes all the way to Marietta. Spalding Drive might, too.
Yup. It crosses 75 and hits Cobb Parkway NE right at the Big Chicken!

Old 04-16-2008, 05:42 PM

I just made a trip a few blocks down Roswell Rd. on errands. I stand corrected. There are lots and lots of apartment complexes that look nice directly off of Roswell. I went from approx 8999 Roswell down to about 7300 and I saw at least 10 complexes.

I'd maybe do a Google map search and us it to locate apartments directly off Roswell.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:26 PM

The OP has another thread and seems to be looking for apartments in the Marietta/Vinings area. Somehow that probably includes Roswell Rd/Roswell/Alpharetta/Marietta --an area that confuses me.

I think he/she searched the Dunwoody/Perimeter area and didn't find anything. So the OP might be very grateful for any names you can find.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta