Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 01:10 AM

10,396 posts, read 11,496,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Atlanta, GA – Governor Brian P. Kemp today announced that Cottrell, an industry leader in manufacturing and assembling over-the-road car haulers and equipment, will establish a second manufacturing facility in Gainesville. This will serve as the company’s North Campus, adjacent to their existing South Campus in Hall County. Cottrell will invest $125 million in the new 500,000-square-foot facility, which will also create new jobs...

... Cottrell opened its first facility in Gainesville-Hall County in 1973. The new North Campus facility will bring many of the company’s operations under one roof. The company expects land development and facility construction to take 24 to 30 months and plans to break ground during the third quarter of 2021. Certain aspects of production will be transferred to the new North Campus facility when complete, while the existing buildings of the South Campus will be used to support future business growth.
Cottrell to Invest $125 Million in Gainesville, Hall County Expansion (City of Gainesville/State of Georgia)

Old 02-23-2021, 05:53 AM

1,005 posts, read 729,188 times
Whew, you had me googling where Gainesville was again, like I usually do, only to be reminded it's not part of the Atlanta MSA. But this is really good for the Gainesville MSA, especially if it even gives some factory workers an opportunity to not work at a place with high unreported injuries and nitrogen leaks.

Old 02-23-2021, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seussie View Post
Whew, you had me googling where Gainesville was again, like I usually do, only to be reminded it's not part of the Atlanta MSA.
But though the area may not officially be part of the Atlanta MSA, Gainesville and Hall County are a very key and vitally important part of the Atlanta CSA, which is why the area is very commonly included in Atlanta media reports and even has its own section on Atlanta news websites.

Hall County - WSB-TV

Hall County - FOX 5 Atlanta

South Hall County (including the parts of Hall County with Buford and Flowery Branch addresses), in particular, is basically outer-suburban Atlanta, while Gainesville is basically exurban metro Atlanta.

Hall County is also the site of the Atlanta Falcons Headquarters & Training Facility (off of where GA-13 crosses over I-985 in Flowery Branch), while Gainesville and Hall County are located on the eastern shores of Atlanta’s main source of water and water recreation, Lake Lanier.

Hall County also shares a border with a core metro Atlanta county, Gwinnett County.

Hall County also exerts much political influence on metro Atlanta. Georgia’s previous governor (Nathan Deal), previous Lt. governor (Casey Cagle), high-profile former Georgia 9th Congressional District U.S. Representative Doug Collins and current Georgia state Senate President pro Tempore Butch Miller all hail from Hall County.

Hall County’s political influence and location on Lake Lanier are some major reasons why so many economic development projects happen within that jurisdiction.

Hall County’s relatively close location in relation to metro Atlanta and Hall County’s importance to metro Atlanta and the greater Atlanta metropolitan region as a whole are why I place Gainesville and Hall County development news in the Atlanta Economic Development Thread, which covers the 29-county Atlanta MSA and all closely associated areas... Including, Hall County, which is a key part of the roughly 40-county Atlanta CSA and is vitally important to metro Atlanta despite not officially being part of the Atlanta MSA.

Old 02-23-2021, 08:59 PM

340 posts, read 320,999 times
Quikrete Holdings Inc. will acquire Irving-based water and drainage pipe manufacturer Forterra Inc. in a $2.74 billion take-private transaction announced Monday morning.

Atlanta-based Quikrete will acquire all outstanding shares of Forterra for $24 a share in an all-cash transaction that the companies expect to close in the fourth quarter of 2021, the companies said Monday.

Forterra posted sales of more than $1.2 billion for the nine-month period that ended Sept. 30.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dal...tputType%3Damp

Old 02-25-2021, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Construction of a new medical office building is underway on the site of the parking lot in front of the former Darlington Apartments in Buckhead, known for its “Atlanta Population Now” sign.
A $25 million office building will rise in front of Buckhead landmark Darlington apartments (Atlanta Business Chronicle) (Paywall)

Old 02-25-2021, 11:04 AM

Quote:
The new distribution center would be located on 26.5 acres on Sawmill Drive near Lawrenceville-Suwanee Road, adjacent to I-85...

... The property, located in the highly commercialized Suwanee Gateway area, is bounded on the northeast by five other warehouse/distribution facilities.
New distribution center planned on I-85 in Suwanee (Atlanta Business Chronicle) (Paywall)

Old 02-25-2021, 11:06 AM

E-commerce’s growing impact on metro Atlanta’s logistics and warehousing (Atlanta Business Chronicle/Gateway85 CID)

Old 02-25-2021, 03:11 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,934,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
New distribution center planned on I-85 in Suwanee (Atlanta Business Chronicle) (Paywall)
Sheesh. LVille Suwanee at 85 is already a terrible interchange. Plus Sawmill is now a right turn in and right turn out only at LVille Suwanee so a bit of an odd placement if they don't want their trucks to make u-turns all the time to get back to 85.

Old 02-25-2021, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
Sheesh. LVille Suwanee at 85 is already a terrible interchange. Plus Sawmill is now a right turn in and right turn out only at LVille Suwanee so a bit of an odd placement if they don't want their trucks to make u-turns all the time to get back to 85.
You have raised a very important question as to how trucks would get from the site in question to I-85 without the ability to turn left onto GA-317 Lawrenceville-Suwanee Road southbound/eastbound from Sawmill Drive.

And could one or should one really expect 18-wheelers to make U-turns from L’ville-Suwanee Road northbound/westbound to L’ville-Suwanee Road southbound/eastbound at the signal at Northolt Parkway so that they can get on I-85?

Old 02-25-2021, 04:49 PM

California-based e-commerce company Comptree has leased a 589,680-square-foot distribution center at 1380 Jesse Cronic Road in Braselton.

The distribution center is a fairly very new structure that was completed in 2019.

Home furnishings importer Comptree Inc. leases 589,680-sf distribution center in Braselton as pandemic drives demand (Atlanta Business Chronicle) (Paywall)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta