U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 08:16 AM

4 posts, read 8,091 times

Advertisements

As a bold attempt to restart my life, I am planning on moving to Atlanta this summer/fall. I would like some guidance as to the night life since Miami is such a big party scene. I will be living in the Decatur area when I initially move there..

Please help!

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 08:29 AM

37 posts, read 142,897 times
Aries,
I am also a Miami native and I'll be moving up there in late October. Can't help you with the nightlife scene, but it's Atlanta after all! Just don't expect all the tropical-style salsa type places we have in Miami. As for me, I'll enjoy the live band shows in Atl that we don't get too much of in Miami except for like Tobacco Road.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:08 AM

Hi Ajax!

Wow, u are a Miamian too!! cool... I might be moving in June or July. I'm a bit scared though. LOL I work near Tobacco Road.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:11 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,565,169 times
There are plenty of varied nightlife options here in Atlanta...just be specific in what your asking for and the good folks on this board (including myself) can guide you in the right direction .

Old 04-16-2008, 09:22 AM

23,125 posts, read 36,376,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries09 View Post
As a bold attempt to restart my life, I am planning on moving to Atlanta this summer/fall. I would like some guidance as to the night life since Miami is such a big party scene. I will be living in the Decatur area when I initially move there..

Please help!

Thanks.
Where in the Decatur area...it covers a big area, from very good to very bad...

Old 04-16-2008, 09:29 AM

1 posts, read 2,311 times
My boyfriend moved from Miami and he's still adjusting after 2 years. The action and diversity is not the same. I'm originally from Chicago and it has been an adjustment.
Tavern at Phipps is always a great spot in the summer if you want to meet people. You want to share more about what you do and your interest.
I'm having a shoe trunk show on May 3, 4 Noon - 5 pm at Vino Libro -Glenwood Park.
For directions: [url=http://glenwoodpark.com/net/content/go.aspx?s=49164.0.78.6078]Glenwood Park - Vino Libro - Wine Bar and Retail Book & Wine Boutique[/url]

From the East: Travel westbound on Interstate 20 to exit 61B for Glenwood Avenue. Make a left at the top of the exit ramp. Travel for approximately 2 miles. After crossing over Moreland Avenue, you will reach another traffic light at Bill Kennedy Way. Make a right onto Bill Kennedy Way. Then make your first right onto Garrett Street. Once on Garrett Street, make your second right onto Brassfield Square. Vino libro is on your right hand side at the end of the square.

Last edited by kynelson; 04-16-2008 at 09:30 AM.. Reason: Update information

Old 04-16-2008, 08:05 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,221,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries09 View Post

Please help!

Thanks.
Have a job first!! Its not as easy as I heard it is.

Atlanta is not as shiny as Miami, but the women are beautiful and there are plenty of places to party. I have not found many of them yet, but I know they exist. Use Google.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:59 PM

67 posts, read 212,724 times
Loca Luna bar/restaurant in Midtown has a great Cuban vibe. Also, the Compound in West Atlanta is pretty cool with outdoor and indoor spaces and water features. I've heard that tOpera in Midtown is also pretty cool too.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:19 AM

Default Thanks.....

Sounds like my kinda place!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morriah View Post
Loca Luna bar/restaurant in Midtown has a great Cuban vibe. Also, the Compound in West Atlanta is pretty cool with outdoor and indoor spaces and water features. I've heard that tOpera in Midtown is also pretty cool too.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:13 PM

431 posts, read 2,000,479 times
I'm actually headed to Loca Luna tonight. I'll report back and let you know what I think. I'm here 2 yrs and still adjusting myself. I haven't gone out much so it's my fault i haven't been enjoying Atlanta. It's definitely not Miami. I think you will miss the whole Miami vibe, but you gotta make it happen once you get here. By the way, Aries, you haven't specified what it is that you are looking for. Be more specific so people can make some recommendations. check out this site: Salsa Atl Main Page
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or