Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 05:04 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,770,510 times

Advertisements

Atlanta celebrity Killer Mike had some good comments about the ATL during his recent appearance on Bill Maher's "Real Time." He also explained why living in a place like this makes it impossible for him to support gun control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_DF8TkyQGg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 06:14 PM

104 posts, read 61,422 times
Killer Mike is great and I like Bill Maher a lot (I know that's a controversial thing to say...seems like everybody hates him). I'm hoping KM will continue to fight for Bernie over the next year.

Old 08-20-2019, 06:51 AM

561 posts, read 780,713 times
I was watching this episode when it aired. Mike made a lot of great points as usual.

Old 08-20-2019, 09:09 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,364,009 times
I love Killer Mike's analysis of Jay-Z teaming up with the NFL. I also like what he said about police brutality and mayors.

Old 08-20-2019, 06:08 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,403,839 times
Been following Mike for years.. he speaks facts.

Old 08-20-2019, 06:11 PM

894 posts, read 1,324,928 times
always love listening to the good brother killa mike..

Old 08-21-2019, 07:45 PM

I really hope that rappers like Killer Mike and Cardi B really encourage especially black and Hispanic voters to research Bernie Sanders. I hate that so many automatically voted for Clinton and plan to vote for Biden.

Old 08-22-2019, 08:28 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,403,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
I really hope that rappers like Killer Mike and Cardi B really encourage especially black and Hispanic voters to research Bernie Sanders. I hate that so many automatically voted for Clinton and plan to vote for Biden.
What the hell other options do we have, Trump?? This dude has since he took over office unified white people against minorities, specifically Hispanics. He's literally doing everything he possibly can to minimalize them in the US while accomplishing literally nothing else. To be honest, NONE of these politicians benefit black people. Black people vote people like Clinton and Sanders because it's a lesser of two evils. Because being a minority and supporting Trump would simply be downright disgusting. Personally, I don't care who the candidate is, anyone that has the best chance of getting that dude out of the white house i'd vote for em. The fact that there were even enough votes to get him elected was laughable in itself honestly. In what's supposed to be the greatest country on earth, this is our president lol. *shrug*

Old 08-22-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
What the hell other options do we have, Trump?? This dude has since he took over office unified white people against minorities, specifically Hispanics. He's literally doing everything he possibly can to minimalize them in the US while accomplishing literally nothing else. To be honest, NONE of these politicians benefit black people. Black people vote people like Clinton and Sanders because it's a lesser of two evils. Because being a minority and supporting Trump would simply be downright disgusting. Personally, I don't care who the candidate is, anyone that has the best chance of getting that dude out of the white house i'd vote for em. The fact that there were even enough votes to get him elected was laughable in itself honestly. In what's supposed to be the greatest country on earth, this is our president lol. *shrug*

He is occupier in office #Love you Ayanna Pressley. Clinton and Sanders are not comparable. Clinton was invested in the for-profit prison industry (that disproportionately affects blacks and Hispanics). It's also annoying how she takes pictures next to black people as a photo op. I understand that you don't want trump in office but this doesn't mean that we should just "vote for anybody." The establishment thought people would do this and went ahead and threw Sanders under the bus. Supporters saw this and in return chose not to vote for Clinton. Sanders wants to legalize marijuana and implement criminal justice reform. He's been pretty consistent on this policy. This would at least be a good start. Also clear student loans, which though the issue affects many students, it greatly contributes to the wealth gap between blacks and whites. This would also help out black people.

Old 08-23-2019, 07:42 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,856,240 times
Killer Mike is financial benefiting from Atlanta taxpayers giving $142M for State Farm Arena renovation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta