U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 02:16 PM

1,998 posts, read 3,122,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Virgo Child View Post
I think most of you are getting caught up in the media hype surronding gangs. LA and Chicago get attention from the media due to gangs, but some of the most crime ridden cities in the country dont even have gangs- Detroit, DC, Miami, Atlanta, Oakland, and Baltimore. Please people dont get caught up in the hype the media likes to give to gangs. IMO Atlanta has something allot worse than any gang- BMF (Black Mafia Family) They sell and have sold more drugs than probably crips, bloods, gd's, BPS, LK's all put together. I never got why gangs get so much attention while drug crews that produce KingPins like Big Meech-ATL, Rayful Edmonds-DC, Ricky Ross-LA, Avery "Boobie" Kelly- Miami, Chambers Brothers-Detroit all have killed and sold more drugs than any gang ever dreamed too. Atlanta is not run by gangs, the ones that have tried to come here and set up have been run off by the locals, Atlanta is run by Drug crews and Block Crews, gangs will always be on the scene here just because of the large number of transplants, but they will never run the city
Agreed. My point was not to say that gangs are to be worried about in Atlanta because they aren't. Not unless you ARE involved and you are only involved by choice. My point was to say that YES, gangs ARE in Atlanta and living very well. Please don't think they are run out by local crews because that is very much not the case man... A lot of those "Dope boys" ARE clicked up. There are many gangs there and they DO business. Not just random gang violence like in cities like Chicago and LA. Hence, it's not to be worried about for the average citizen that does not have their hands mixed in the business of trafficing.

And do not forget that arms dealing is huge in Atlanta. Deals go wrong, violence happens and your average Atlan goes on never knowing that violence ever happened there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 02:20 PM

One more thing, then I have to get back to work.
It's funny you should say something about Block Boyz, because the Block Boyz originate from Chicago. They are a set of Folk Nation and they put in work in South West Atlanta.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:29 PM

341 posts, read 1,236,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykomonkee View Post
Agreed. My point was not to say that gangs are to be worried about in Atlanta because they aren't. Not unless you ARE involved and you are only involved by choice. My point was to say that YES, gangs ARE in Atlanta and living very well. Please don't think they are run out by local crews because that is very much not the case man... A lot of those "Dope boys" ARE clicked up. There are many gangs there and they DO business. Not just random gang violence like in cities like Chicago and LA. Hence, it's not to be worried about for the average citizen that does not have their hands mixed in the business of trafficing.

And do not forget that arms dealing is huge in Atlanta. Deals go wrong, violence happens and your average Atlan goes on never knowing that violence ever happened there.

All very true

Old 02-23-2009, 02:31 PM

Atlan: The demonym for a citizen of Atlanta... Lol... Spread it if you like it. I just made it up because Atlanta has no real demonym yet...

I think I'll start my own post about this.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:35 PM

341 posts, read 1,236,230 times
Quote:
One more thing, then I have to get back to work.
It's funny you should say something about Block Boyz, because the Block Boyz originate from Chicago. They are a set of Folk Nation and they put in work in South West Atlanta.

So basically Atlanta is like a free market place where gangs just come to get money? Makes sense, I remember reading a year ago how the drug trade in Atlanta is comparable to Miami of the early 80's in terms of amount of drugs and money. I can see how out of town gangs just blend in with pre-established local crews and do there thing, if you think about it thats the smart way to go, dont bring attention to yourself and just get to the money.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:44 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,221,164 times
Quote:
Now, there are mostly GDs in Atlanta, then lots of Bloods and some Crips. There are even Latin Kings believe it or not. I don't think there are many People gangsters, but the Folks are by far the deepest in Atlanta and don't be mistaken, they don't play. They are no different than Folks in Chicago. Oh, and don't forget the Gotti Boys from New Orleans. They are deep in Atlanta now to (Post Katrina). And they are crazy.
*Eyes Roll*

Old 02-23-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Virgo Child View Post
So basically Atlanta is like a free market place where gangs just come to get money? Makes sense, I remember reading a year ago how the drug trade in Atlanta is comparable to Miami of the early 80's in terms of amount of drugs and money. I can see how out of town gangs just blend in with pre-established local crews and do there thing, if you think about it thats the smart way to go, dont bring attention to yourself and just get to the money.

Exactly.

Atlanta's citizens don't have to worry about Atlanta's gang presence as long as you keep your hands out the cookie jar. But do not mistake the fact that gangs in Atlanta do very well exist and are very much alive.

Now, if there is a gang war, then Atlanta may have something to worry about. That is what caused all the gang drama in LA to blow out of control. Once war hits, then territory becomes very important, and nobody is safe. Lets just hope Atlanta's gangs never go into an all out war over territory like the gangs of LA and Chicago did.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyfett View Post
*Eyes Roll*
LOL!!! Are you from New Orleans?
Because, yes... People from New Orleans are crazy... My best friend is from New Orleans, and I have never met a more psycho human being in my life. He rivals that Chimpanzee that was shot by the police the other day. LOL...

Old 02-23-2009, 05:42 PM

58 posts, read 197,214 times
Atlanta is overrun with gangs. They wear their colors in plain sight & are not afraid of being identified for what they are. The police don't seem to notice or care. This city, like has already been mentioned, will not acknowledge it's gang problem so it continues on unabated. The gangs are able to conduct their illegal business in plain sight & are extremely violent & dangerous. In the AJC it's stated that Clayton County alone has 51 gangs. Gwinnett has even more. The city itself has innumerable gangs & gang members. It's not safe but they're already well established here & have free reign throughout the metro area.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoffman View Post
Atlanta is overrun with gangs. They wear their colors in plain sight & are not afraid of being identified for what they are. The police don't seem to notice or care. This city, like has already been mentioned, will not acknowledge it's gang problem so it continues on unabated. The gangs are able to conduct their illegal business in plain sight & are extremely violent & dangerous. In the AJC it's stated that Clayton County alone has 51 gangs. Gwinnett has even more. The city itself has innumerable gangs & gang members. It's not safe but they're already well established here & have free reign throughout the metro area.
One, don't let the news scare you.
Two, any gang member has the freedom to bare his/her colors in broad day light. That is not a crime. How can you make something like that illegal. Especially when (if you are talking about gangs in ATLANTA you don't mean what you see on movies about LA) those gang attire are white tee shirts, black tee shirts and fitted caps tilted to the right (slightly pointing East for East Point). You can't arrest a kid for wearing a white tee. Even if you know that you know that is gang/dope boy attire in Atlanta.

For example: In New Orleans, gangsters sometimes will get a tattoo of a green cross between the eyes. That tattoo actually means that the person wearing it has murdered at least 5 rivals. Even with this knowledge, police can not just arrest someone with that tattoo. Where are the bodies? Where are the weapons? You have no case. A person could just be wearing that tattoo just because they like it. Even Lil Wayne wears this tattoo, but I doubt he's actually murdered 5 people. For some idiots out there, it's a style that will give them a little street credit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or