U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 08:37 PM

2,298 posts, read 3,661,359 times

Advertisements

Man BMF has been non existent for the last 3 or 4 years. And even though they were a drug gang most of their violent dealings happened in cities other than Atlanta. I've said it once and ill say it again, if you're in major metro area crime is just something that will come along with it.

And that most dangerous cities list doesn't mean much to me because you still have cities like Memphis, Birmingham, Mobile, etc that don't make tops on this list but are as bad or worse.

As far as gangs go Macon has far worse a gang problem than we do here. By nature and history we are a violent people and it'll never change.

There's really not anywhere here im afraid to go By myself at night because im just not one to live in fear. I keep my tool on me and keep it moving. I've been made pretty desensitized to most things though mainly because i've seen murder, assault, etc. up close and personal.

Such is life for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 11:09 AM

1 posts, read 527 times
Big Meech is a G.D. from Detroit, and many members of BMF are from other national gangs ie; Bloods, Crips, folk and peoples gangs. And also Detroit has had a gang problem since the eighties and this is a fact Miami has homegrown gangs and bloods and crips Baltimore has hella Bloods and Oakland has numerous mexican Norteneo and Sureneo gangs so crazy virgo do your homework before you spit out random information you have no knowledge about

Old 09-06-2014, 12:26 PM

31,858 posts, read 29,592,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
True. Remember, it was only a few years ago that the Feds did some research and found that the City of Atlanta police department had failed to file on the order of 20,000 crimes in the database that is used to figure crime stats nationally. Made some big headlines at the time. Pennington (chief) and the Mayor said it was a result of "clerical errors".

Here is a blurb from City of Atlanta online:

An audit of criminal incidents for 2002 found that serious crime in Atlanta is probably higher than has been reported to the FBI. This is the result of a broken records management system and a lack of accountability going back years before Chief Pennington. Under-reporting crime severely handicaps development of effective crime strategies and tactics. Without accurate crime figures, there can be no reliable benchmark against which to measure crime reduction progress and exact officer accountability. In 2002:

The APD underreported Part I (major) crimes by 3.2% (a little over 1,500 crimes).
Over 20,000 police reports that were taken are "missing"; they cannot be located in the Department’s records system.

Fifteen other law enforcement agencies have jurisdiction in Atlanta and can take crime reports but do not share crime information with the APD.

Atlanta has one of the lowest ratios of officers per square mile of all large cities in the country. Officers feel overwhelmed by high levels of crime and the number of calls for service - over half surveyed do not believe that they can answer every call, regardless of the seriousness of the call. And nearly a third of Atlanta residents agree.

Source link: City of Atlanta Online (http://www.atlantaga.gov/media/nr_fu...pd_022004.aspx - broken link)

Atlanta isn't the only PD though that covers up reports. Here in Cobb I've noticed a few instances on my own where crimes were not properly reported and there were no records of them when you inquire about them. I'd say most likely, just about every single PD in the metro area has done this on some level. Some more than others, but most probably have in order to "pad" the perception of there being less crime in their areas than there really is.
Yep, and plenty of other cities do it too. This is a big reason why I always take the "Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S." annual listing with a grain of salt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or