Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 11:00 PM

18 posts, read 60,643 times

Advertisements

I have been researching homes in Fayetteville and noticed that some of the home listings are in Clayton County, and others in Fayette County. Is either preferable to the other? If so, why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 04:23 AM

3,972 posts, read 12,659,327 times
Don't do Clayton County at this time... the schools are a real mess and they may lose accreditition. You can read about it here...

AJC to file complaint against Clayton school board | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/clayton/stories/2008/04/16/claysacs_0417.html - broken link)

be sure and read all the links to the side.

Even if you are not planning to use public schools, this will impact your property values.

Old 05-04-2008, 04:33 PM

137 posts, read 739,367 times
OMG, please do yourself a favor and stay OUT of Clayton County. They've been all over the news for crime and poor standards of living, not to mention their schools likely are losing their accredidation. Go with Fayette if you have a choice.

Old 05-04-2008, 04:43 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,483,637 times
[quote=lastminutemom;3498589]Don't do Clayton County at this time... the schools are a real mess and they may lose accreditition. You can read about it here...

AJC to file complaint against Clayton school board | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/clayton/stories/2008/04/16/claysacs_0417.html - broken link)

One article said the SACS team actually found violations on 9 mandates for accreditation but nothing can be done until the criminally dysfunctional school board is removed.

The advisers appointed by the Governor, who resigned last week said they would be available to assist a new school board. Over 30 candidates have registered for school board elections in July. Perhaps there is a glimmer of hope.
Such a senseless waste.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:15 PM

45 posts, read 213,359 times
I didn't know that any of Fayetteville was in Clayton County. I live in Fayetteville (Fayette County) and it is a very nice place to live with very good schools.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:51 AM

4 posts, read 23,032 times
Default Fayette or Clayton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedfam View Post
I have been researching homes in Fayetteville and noticed that some of the home listings are in Clayton County, and others in Fayette County. Is either preferable to the other? If so, why?
I have lived in Fayetteville for 3 years. Before I moved hear I did a lot of research. My findings where that Fayette County was a better place to live.Even though the two counties are farely close the enviroment is different. The schools are nicer meeting all state requirements. As far as Clayton County I heard they had accredidations issues before. Clayton county just has a bad reputation its not more so the county just the people that live in the county!!! If your a couple with children I would strongly recommend Fayette County. Especially if your thinking of buying. The reputation of the county has a big effect on the value of your home!!
Try looking in Peachtree City, Fairburn Fayetteville. (note: anything past County Line Rd is considerd Clayton County)
GOOD LUCK

Last edited by LADIEBUG; 07-05-2008 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: added a note

Old 07-05-2008, 09:01 AM

4 posts, read 23,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemur2004 View Post
I didn't know that any of Fayetteville was in Clayton County. I live in Fayetteville (Fayette County) and it is a very nice place to live with very good schools.
Clayton County begins once you cross over County Line Rd!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-11-2008, 05:10 PM

52 posts, read 226,640 times
Clayton county sucks in every possible way. The schools suck, crooked politicians, the sheriff Victor Hill has said that he wants an all black police department. Talk about racist.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:55 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,880,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanes View Post
Clayton county sucks in every possible way. The schools suck, crooked politicians, the sheriff Victor Hill has said that he wants an all black police department. Talk about racist.
Racist is but one word that could be used to describe him, but ultimately, he's just a prime stereotype of having the "short man complex" where some men who are short become real buttholes to try to intimidate people. I used to work for someone like that. Thing was, no one really cared how short he was, until he was a jackass to everyone, then they just used that to ruffle his feathers that much more. The real problem though, is Hill's constant fued with the police department down there - it's such a joke, and endangers lives.

A few clippings and observations on sites about Hill, who is but one of a long list of problems with Clayton County:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/05/na...05sheriff.html

http://www.news-daily.com/main.asp?SectionID=2&SubSectionID=2&ArticleID=2432 8 (broken link)

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/...ves/003470.php

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 07-11-2008 at 09:03 PM..

Old 07-12-2008, 08:41 PM

52 posts, read 226,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Racist is but one word that could be used to describe him, but ultimately, he's just a prime stereotype of having the "short man complex" where some men who are short become real buttholes to try to intimidate people. I used to work for someone like that. Thing was, no one really cared how short he was, until he was a jackass to everyone, then they just used that to ruffle his feathers that much more. The real problem though, is Hill's constant fued with the police department down there - it's such a joke, and endangers lives.

A few clippings and observations on sites about Hill, who is but one of a long list of problems with Clayton County:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/05/na...05sheriff.html

Denied:1up! Software (http://www.news-daily.com/main.asp?SectionID=2&SubSectionID=2&ArticleID=2432 8 - broken link)

Captain's Quarters
Nice find greg. Seems like the more I find out the more I can't stand it here and can't wait to leave Clayton county. I found another news clip about the jail in Lovejoy getting directv for the inmates. I can't find the clip where it was approved but I know it was cause I saw it on WSB news.

DIRECTV in demand at Lovejoy jail | Clayton.Talk | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/Metro/content/shared-blogs/ajc/claytontalk/entries/2007/11/26/should_directv_be_sacked_at_th.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta