Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 11:34 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,872,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
I don't think MARTA allows overnight parking at those stations.
Correct, but that is no excuse for car break ins or a poster using anecdotal evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2019, 02:57 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Correct, but that is no excuse for car break ins or a poster using anecdotal evidence.
At least anecdotes you don't like. You use them ALL the time. That's a pitiful comment.

Fact is, numerous people have told me they have personally had their cars broken into at one of those two lots.

If 3 people told you they got hit on their bike by aggressive drivers on a particular road, would you ride on that road? Or would you seek alternatives?

Old 10-01-2019, 03:06 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,060,376 times
He'd demand we reduce the speed limit on all roads to 12 miles her hour, convert them into one way streets, and condense vehicular traffic to a single lane with a red light every 25 feet.

Then say 8.2 miles to the nearest MARTA station is perfectly walkable and only a lazy, entitled and selfish person would drive it.

And somehow blame free parking.

Old 10-01-2019, 10:22 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,360,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
He'd demand we reduce the speed limit on all roads to 12 miles her hour, convert them into one way streets, and condense vehicular traffic to a single lane with a red light every 25 feet.

Then say 8.2 miles to the nearest MARTA station is perfectly walkable and only a lazy, entitled and selfish person would drive it.

And setbacks and zoning and density. And, of course, the fabric.

Old 10-02-2019, 08:26 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,872,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
At least anecdotes you don't like. You use them ALL the time. That's a pitiful comment.

Fact is, numerous people have told me they have personally had their cars broken into at one of those two lots.

If 3 people told you they got hit on their bike by aggressive drivers on a particular road, would you ride on that road? Or would you seek alternatives?
I would request APD to patrol the street.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post

Signals do not slow down vehicle traffic.
I supported the two-way conversion of Baker Street.

Old 10-02-2019, 08:41 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,060,376 times
Sorry, I meant convert them to two-way streets.

But either way, you know we're just ribbing you

Old 10-02-2019, 08:48 AM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
I would request APD to patrol the street.

I supported the two-way conversion of Baker Street.
Signals absolutely slow down traffic. Or badly designed signals can encourage speeding.

Old 10-02-2019, 09:23 AM

5,633 posts, read 5,360,592 times
Quote:
Uhhh..how do you figure?

Old 10-03-2019, 04:59 AM

1,005 posts, read 729,704 times
I'm not surprised. It's been even easier these days finding overnight airport parking for my longer work trips. A daytrip is nearly equal in cost for me as a rideshare– so I never, ever use them. But in general, I absolutely do not trust Lyft or Uber drivers and if I were to get into one of the many wrecks throughout ATL/Metro ATL, I do not want to be a passenger. It's either my own modes of travel (bike, motorcycle or car) or MARTA, and MARTA's always been reliable for me to get to the airport.

Old 10-03-2019, 09:06 AM

7,582 posts, read 10,775,179 times
As someone who solely travels for a living... a few things I have noticed the last few years:

- I'm an avid off-site lot parker as I take medium to longer trips consistently and need all the savings I can get. Demand is definitely up for parking, not down. More lots have been built, they have gotten more expensive, discounts/coupons are present but declining in value, and the lots are remaining 80%+ filled. Demand over the past 10 years has no doubts increased. This option use to be cheaper most often, but I've been lowering the trip time limit I consiider this option due to increasing costs.

- Fewer people are taking Taxis... They line up for hours though.

- I have one family member that will pick me up and drop me off on the east MARTA line on really long trips. I find it to be a huge hassle, but I do it when I need to. I find on off-peak times the schedules are not good and the trains do not run on schedule. What is particularly problematic is the transfer. If I was going to the north/northeast line, I wouldn't complain so much about this.

-Airport parking is still cheaper for shorter trips; I see Lyft/uber cannibalizing taxis the most and a few on medium to long-term trips. However, the latter I believe to be negated by passenger growth at the airport. I still tend to prefer parking due to trying to maximize sleep and not being nervous about timely pick-ups when I usually have morning outbound flights, but I have done it a few times on my longest trips.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta