Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 09:53 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,380,481 times

Advertisements

As a professional stuntman, Michael Hansen can be found getting propelled through the air by bomb blasts, sliding down skyscrapers and literally swinging from rafters.

He might be just as valuable to Atlanta's burgeoning film industry in his side gig, leasing condominiums and houses in some of Atlanta's hottest neighborhoods to the very stars he's doing these stunts for.

Hansen is part of a cottage industry rising in Atlanta offering short-term housing to Hollywood A-listers, everyone from actors and actresses to producers, directors and other top positions in television and movie productions, a group that often has particular demands in housing needs when staying in Atlanta for a production..."

FULL STORY: https://www.bisnow.com/atlanta/news/...atlanta-101132

SOURCE: Bisnow Atlanta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2019, 10:40 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,057,844 times
The places for rent on his website are fine.

They aren't nearly as luxurious as I would have expected, though.

Old 10-05-2019, 02:06 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
A great opportunity for Metro Atlanta to expand the amount of small luxury boutique hotels within and throughout our charming intown neighborhoods and quaint town centers.

Old 10-05-2019, 04:13 PM

5,003 posts, read 5,983,013 times
My brother is in the industry and does lots of work in Atlanta and has leased houses while he's there. I have no idea if it's through this guy, but they are in some of the same movies. I know that he specifically looks for walkable neighborhoods even though he doesn't live in one out here. Lol. I think that he used to stay in a luxury hotel in Buckhead, but renting a house was cheaper.

Old 10-05-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
A great opportunity for Metro Atlanta to expand the amount of small luxury boutique hotels within and throughout our charming intown neighborhoods and quaint town centers.
Maybe but remember that lots of these people have families that come to visit and even if they don't, hotel life gets old. They're often there for many months.

Old 10-05-2019, 09:12 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Easy View Post
Maybe but remember that lots of these people have families that come to visit and even if they don't, hotel life gets old. They're often there for many months.
I am responding to the part about the lack of luxury hotels in Atlanta (compared to LA and NYC) and the desire, when here, to be a part of Atlanta's southern urban charm.

I hope that you fully read the article.

Old 10-05-2019, 09:15 PM

2,307 posts, read 2,995,264 times
Jennifer Garner rented a house in Buckhead about 4 years ago while shooting here. She brought her children and nanny, and kids went to day camp.

Old 10-05-2019, 09:58 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,359,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
The places for rent on his website are fine.

They aren't nearly as luxurious as I would have expected, though.
The article is probably largely overplaying the clientele. The vast majority of people, even actors, directors, and producers, are not big A-listers looking for mega luxurious accommodations. Most are much more normal people, and just want a fun, hip place to stay. Even the A-listers aren't all like Robert Downey Jr.

Old 10-05-2019, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
I am responding to the part about the lack of luxury hotels in Atlanta (compared to LA and NYC) and the desire, when here, to be a part of Atlanta's southern urban charm.

I hope that you fully read the article.
The article used the word "perceived" lack of luxury hotels compared to LA and NYC and didn't mention any pent up demand for boutique luxury hotels, both of which lead to my saying that you may be right. But I personally think that there are other considerations that lead people to prefer to rent houses. Perhaps there's a need for both.

Old 10-05-2019, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
The article is probably largely overplaying the clientele. The vast majority of people, even actors, directors, and producers, are not big A-listers looking for mega luxurious accommodations. Most are much more normal people, and just want a fun, hip place to stay. Even the A-listers aren't all like Robert Downey Jr.
This is pretty much how I see it. Do you think that this happens often enough to inflate rents? Or is this type of rental a relatively small part of the market?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: