Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 07:42 AM

2,047 posts, read 4,619,592 times

Advertisements

I did a search and haven't found anything positive here about Doraville. I was in the city Tuesday and Wednesday looking at houses. (I'd give just about anything to never have to make that Chamblee-Tucker exit again. Yeesh!)

Our realtor showed us one in Doraville on Happy Hollow Road. Fabulous house. Screened in back porch, nice yard. Everything we want. The other houses on the street were well-kept and many had obviously been upgraded. It seems to be a neighborhood that's trending upwards.

In actuality, the house is probably too pricey for us, but we're going to try. They had it listed as Dunwoody, but our agent said it was Doraville. I don't really care one way or another. The school it's zoned to is Kingsley which seems to be a good school. But I'd appreciate any feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 07:48 AM

2,240 posts, read 5,857,852 times
That's a good area. I wouldn't really consider it Doraville, but whatever. Kingsley is one of the elementary schools in the Dunwoody cluster and feeds to Peachtree Middle and Dunwoody High. It may technically be Doraville, but you'd probably be doing all your shopping, etc... in Dunwoody or possibly on Holcomb Bridge just across the line into Gwinnett County.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:57 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,483,637 times
You could post on the 'Schools' thread at the top of the Atlanta forum and perhaps get more response.

The more serious problems in Doraville are closer to Buford Hwy from what I read.

Kingsley is a good school.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:01 AM

3,972 posts, read 12,659,327 times
Kingsley would be fine.

That area officially has a Doraville mailing address but most people use Atlanta.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:25 AM

Yeah, I think our realtor was being very careful not to mislead us. Obviously, Dunwoody is a very desirable neighborhood, it's really quite nice. We're just looking for a nice, safe neighborhood with good schools. We've been very fortunate with realtors. Our guy is very good. I really like this house, but I doubt they'll take our offer, but Happy Hollow Road is a great name for a street, isn't it?

Old 04-18-2008, 08:29 AM

23,460 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Unless there are two Happy Hollow Rds, the one I know is definitely in Dunwoody. But then, this is Atlanta, a city famous for multiple roads with the same name.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
But then, this is Atlanta, a city famous for multiple roads with the same name.
That'll be an adjustment. I'm moving from a city famous for one road with multiple names, and the names change for no apparent reason. It's a bit of an adventure.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:08 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,483,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
Yeah, I think our realtor was being very careful not to mislead us. Obviously, Dunwoody is a very desirable neighborhood, it's really quite nice. We're just looking for a nice, safe neighborhood with good schools. We've been very fortunate with realtors. Our guy is very good. I really like this house, but I doubt they'll take our offer, but Happy Hollow Road is a great name for a street, isn't it?
That is one of my favorite parts of the city.

If this doesn't work out ask your realtor about homes in Peachtree Corners/Simpson Elementary/Gwinnett County.

DeKalb/Fulton/Gwinnett county lines converge in this area around Peeler Rd, FWIW.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:14 AM

697 posts, read 3,020,775 times
Looked extensively in that area myself when we were shopping a few years ago. Would have been happy to move there -- just wasn't a workable property on the market there when our house finally sold and we had to move quickly. Was our first choice of areas.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:19 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,537,161 times
That area is fine - like said above, the "questionable" areas of Doraville would be more near Buford Hwy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta