Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 09:28 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,296,170 times

Advertisements

Im coming down to visit Six Flags and I was wondering if these Microtel Inn locations are in a decent part of the city and which one is the closest to Six Flags.

Thanks

1840 Corporate Blvd.
Atlanta, GA 30329

5300 South Cobb Dr. S.E.
Smyrna, GA 30080

4839 Massachusetts Blvd.
College Park, GA 30337

6690 Shannon Parkway
Union City, GA 30291
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 09:47 AM

462 posts, read 1,205,840 times
South Cobb location is the closest.

And, no, I wouldn't stay there.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:59 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,412,920 times
<1840 Corporate Blvd.
Atlanta, GA 30329>

This one is located at Clairmont/I85. I thought they were rather high.

Executive Park in NE Atlanta/I85/N Druid Hills, near Emory might offer more. A safe/clean area but not close to Six Flags and a central location if you want to tour Atlanta. Close to Marta train stations.
MARTA>>
MARTA - Getting There - Bus Schedules (http://www.itsmarta.com/getthere/schedules/201.htm - broken link)

You would take a bus to a train station--Lindbergh/Chamblee/Doraville and then catch a train to Six Flags. I don't know how far it is to the park from the train station.
It would not be a bad drive from NE Atlanta.

There is also a Homestead Inn at Executive Park and a Courtyard/Marriott.

Here>>
I-85 Lodging (http://www.dcvb.org/i_85.htm - broken link)

Last edited by TakeAhike; 04-18-2008 at 10:19 AM..

Old 04-18-2008, 10:30 AM

11,334 posts, read 25,990,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCPA View Post
South Cobb location is the closest.

And, no, I wouldn't stay there.
Is that one really in Smyrna? Just barely within the southern border, if it is (I think that area's unincorporated).

I don't think I'd stay at that one, either.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:36 AM

I think those that describe lodging take 'creative license'.

I wonder if the OP should look for a motel in Smyrna or Marietta. There should be a lot of motels there.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:43 AM

247 posts, read 1,286,668 times
Or look for Douglasville hotels, there are probably alot there and somewhat close to Six Flags

Old 04-18-2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebs964 View Post
Or look for Douglasville hotels, there are probably alot there and somewhat close to Six Flags
Here's a list. Maybe someone has FYI on them.>>>
six flags motels loc: Douglasville, GA - Google Maps

Old 04-18-2008, 10:52 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,296,170 times
The reason I am going with Microtel is because I have a micropass where every 10th night is free and I have never had issue with this chain in the past except their micro pillows (so I bring extra pillows with me)

I tried to do it from Microtel website what I thought look close to six flags but if staying closer to the city would be ok too because we would not mind exploring for a bit as well.
The motel locater does not tranfer well with this link but if you think another location would be more ideal feel free to share.
Online Hotel Reservations at Microtel Inns and Suites (http://www.microtelinn.com/reservations/index.asp - broken link)

So there a train that goes to Six Flags? That sounds fun I would not mind that at all.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:54 AM

1,320 posts, read 4,261,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
You would take a bus to a train station--Lindbergh/Chamblee/Doraville and then catch a train to Six Flags. I don't know how far it is to the park from the train station.

There's no train station near Six Flags, but MARTA does have a shuttle service to the park:

http://itsmarta.com/getthere/shuttles.htm#six_flags (broken link)

Old 04-18-2008, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
The reason I am going with Microtel is because I have a micropass where every 10th night is free and I have never had issue with this chain in the past except their micro pillows (so I bring extra pillows with me)

I tried to do it from Microtel website what I thought look close to six flags but if staying closer to the city would be ok too because we would not mind exploring for a bit as well.
The motel locater does not tranfer well with this link but if you think another location would be more ideal feel free to share.
Online Hotel Reservations at Microtel Inns and Suites (http://www.microtelinn.com/reservations/index.asp - broken link)

So there a train that goes to Six Flags? That sounds fun I would not mind that at all.
According to the MARTA FYI the train station is 'across from the park' and then provided FYI on the shuttle's route. This could be a short trip--I just don't know.

I would imagine security has improved dramatically in this area because of an incident a few years ago.

LOL--if you want to stay in NE Atlanta I can make suggestions. At a loss myself about other areas of the city--ie--how bad is the traffic, where to eat and etc.

If you choose the Microtel at Clairmont Rd---you would get on I85S--and drive about 20 miles to Six Flags. This is a heavily traveled/peak traffic route but you could pick your time.

It would be easier to be on the west side of town.

Microtel/South Cobb Drive--It says it is in the 'Galleria' area. I think that is Cumberland Mall--???5-10 miles down Hwy 41. To me this is not a great location for visiting Six Flags. jmo.

Very possibly the Microtel on Shannon Pkwy/Union City is the better option. I just don't know.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 04-18-2008 at 11:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta