Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2019, 10:16 PM

204 posts, read 145,966 times

Advertisements

I've lived in Marietta the last 14 yrs....Im not much of a bar hopper or club action type guy....occasional event like Dragon con...motorsport events... halloween...or so maybe....single....late 30yrs....full time job.....I'm at a point where I feel I need to get out more and socialize or get involve d with some type of positive atmosphere that not just out to be out but productive also..just going to work and coming home has become dull.......it didn't bother me being kept to myself most the time....until recently a change in my life made me realize some things......social media is the eye to the world now days.....but I'm not big on it...I have a Facebook page but may get on it twice a month.....nothing like out and about connecting.........Halloween is a fun time of the year i enjoy...but thats wide open....alot of parties here and there....but where would the most interesting fun atmosphere be....since its that time of year again........afterwards for regular times any good mix and mingle places......just reaching out since this is a good social source I use often.........thanx for any feed back.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2019, 06:27 AM

3,715 posts, read 3,727,718 times
A few things.....kudos to you for staying off social media, I think overuse just leads to FOMO and leaves most people worse off.

When it comes to getting out and making friends, I learned that it almost always happens in a slow, one at a time fashion. You could get lucky and meet someone to introduces you to their friends and suddenly you have a new inner circle overnight.

But more than likely, it's going to come from: meeting 1 new person at church, getting their number, going out to lunch after church. Going to a happy hour after work, meeting one person. Volunteering when an opportunity arises

Before you know it, your 1 new friend at a time has snowballed into an entirely new friend circle.

BTW, I can't say enough about volunteering to make friends. Something about having to rally around a cause brings people together quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta