Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 04:15 PM

3 posts, read 11,300 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Do anyone know of this event that are for Hartford Ct people that relocated to ATL. I heard they meet at a park every year. If anyone has info about this event that take place please let me know

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 04:35 PM

663 posts, read 1,855,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese36 View Post
Hello,

Do anyone know of this event that are for Hartford Ct people that relocated to ATL. I heard they meet at a park every year. If anyone has info about this event that take place please let me know

Thanks
An event for people from "Haaatfuhd" in the ATL? How obscure. I haven't heard about it, sorry. Most Conn. people seem to be from the better suburbs in Hartford Co., New Haven Co. or Fairfield Co. not just the little city of Hartford.

Old 04-20-2008, 04:59 PM

539 posts, read 2,094,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone View Post
An event for people from "Haaatfuhd" in the ATL? How obscure. I haven't heard about it, sorry. Most Conn. people seem to be from the better suburbs in Hartford Co., New Haven Co. or Fairfield Co. not just the little city of Hartford.
When referring to Hartford as "the little city" you're being facetious right? Just for the record I've never heard anyone in CT pronounce it "Haaatfuhd" unless they were from Massachusetts.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_mommy View Post
When referring to Hartford as "the little city" you're being facetious right? Just for the record I've never heard anyone in CT pronounce it "Haaatfuhd" unless they were from Massachusetts.
Well, I'm a Mas(s)hol(e) and that's the way some of us (not me) pronounce it. Yes, Hartford is a little city by the Conn. river. Come on, I know it may be home for you, but whenver I drive from Boston to NYC and back and pass through on I-84 or I-91, it comes across as relatively small - as it is. Just like Springfield, or Providence or Worcester or New Haven, etc.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:57 PM

7 posts, read 22,450 times
Default Hartford people

It's gotta be posted in The Creative Loafing, and probably it's at Piedmont Park. If you don't see anything, try running an ad or try Craigslist Atlanta.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmex View Post
It's gotta be posted in The Creative Loafing, and probably it's at Piedmont Park. If you don't see anything, try running an ad or try Craigslist Atlanta.
Thank You

Old 04-23-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:

I don't think anyone in Hartford would want to hang out with people from Fairfield or New Haven, Hartford is the urban part of Ct. I don't think you can relate. sorry

Old 04-25-2008, 07:11 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,741,339 times
I grew up in a suburb of Hartford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese36 View Post
I don't think anyone in Hartford would want to hang out with people from Fairfield or New Haven, Hartford is the urban part of Ct. I don't think you can relate. sorry
Actually, Fairfield and New Haven are both Urban. They are just part of metro NYC instead of being their own metro.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netdragon View Post
I grew up in a suburb of Hartford.

Actually, Fairfield and New Haven are both Urban. They are just part of metro NYC instead of being their own metro.

Actually, some parts of Fairfield and New Haven counties are urban such as the city of New Haven, Bridgeport and Stamford. Most other areas are suburban and many are quite well off.

To the OP: I understand that those from the city of Hartford tend to have different life experiences than those from suburban Connecticut. I was just wondering how many people there are in Atlanta from the actual city of Hartford. Most Conn. transplants I think are from the suburban areas.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:18 AM

3,615 posts, read 7,741,339 times
Quote:
I was just wondering how many people there are in Atlanta from the actual city of Hartford. Most Conn. transplants I think are from the suburban areas.
That would make sense. Metro Hartford almost has 1.3 million people and the city only has 124,000. The odds are that most would be from the metro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: