Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2020, 06:29 PM

817 posts, read 1,995,918 times

Advertisements

Interesting point Mattie......... thank you.
Yes while there is still plenty of building to come in Milton and some in Alpharetta....... that just say 'plenty'... but as you said more so done deal overall.... except for pockets here and there and new building will be few dozen homes 'maybe'.
Forsyth etc......... will be a BOOM for building as it is already !
Great opportunity for some really nice housing... but for us....... a touch out there.
Milton, Alpharetta (possibly Windward on the water....... we can afford one of the 'cottages' there... with the lake in the back makes it all So Beautiful. We can build the 5-6000 sq ft home with 12' ceilings etc etc.... but would give it all up for a 'cottage' on the lake anytime.
Time will tell as we will go view Windward again and see

But your point Mattie...... taken and thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2020, 06:29 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,096,236 times
Most houses in Windward are 20-30 years old though, right? If so make sure the roof and HVAC has been updated recently.

Old 01-03-2020, 06:40 AM

10,333 posts, read 11,325,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Most houses in Windward are 20-30 years old though, right? If so make sure the roof and HVAC has been updated recently.
Yep. The Windward community dates back to roughly about 1985 at the earliest, so some of the homes in that development may be as old as 35 years in age.

Old 01-03-2020, 10:24 AM

MJ/B2R,

Any home we look at we check the year built and know with certain ages... were there updates or not.
Indeed those are older homes in Spinnaker... especially the ones we can afford.... aka bungalows, cottages 'older'
They were first to be built in that area... bungalows for people....... then the McMansions came in
Same as some waterfront in Charleston........ amazing waterfronts for amazing dirt cheap prices.. but YEARS and YEARS before the McMansions came in........ yes smaller homes and simple, friends have them... but overwhelming waterfront with great docks........ ok, getting away from the subject... basically we have the same in Charleston in areas as Spinnaker.

I have checked........ while some of the Spinnaker have been updated, some not.

Still Milton, Windward, Spinnaker till perhaps 5 minutes from now and another area pops up for us.
As every home you buy....... will be the LAST one, so want to make certain it fits all the requirements, interest.
We are looking at this home hopefully 7yrs minimum... as this is when our son graduates H.S. and possibly moves on... unless local UGA, GT etc.
Thought the same in Charleston....... well lasted 9yrs at least

Old 01-03-2020, 11:00 AM

1,145 posts, read 4,192,064 times
A few comments:

- Yes, Windward is a huge community, but it’s a collection of smaller subdivisions all with their own entrances. So it’s not like you have a bottleneck of cars leaving and going into a single entrance. I’ve done a morning commute on Windward and it never had traffic. It had some traffic in evening but nothing crazy. Windward location is terrific because you have great access to restaurants, retail, jobs, and 400.

- I drove by Crooked Creek a few weeks ago, and it looked really nice. I checked out some current listings and prices are very reasonable considering it’s a golf course community. It looks like those houses were built around 2000, so keep in mind the original kids in that neighborhood are likely in college or beyond. I’m not sure how many young kids would be there. Also I felt like it was kind of in the middle of nowhere, and you would have to drive some to get to certain places.

- Regarding Forsyth- I live in South Forsyth right now just over the Fulton border. I would recommend South Forsyth if your kids are older. I think Lambert and SFHS are both great schools with a good diverse population mix. However, if your kids are young, I’d be concerned about future demographics and the eventual lack of diversity in that area.

Old 01-03-2020, 04:31 PM

Thank You GB99 for your feedback !

Yes I saw that about Windward... and yes while the subdivisions have their own entrances... to get out of Windward itself.. they have to all merge and have some bottle necking.... at the end.

I drove around Windward earlier today BIG of course place... 2,000 homes.... so much to choose from... Yikes.
Looked over the homes with water in the back..... some cannot touch.... some touchable..... as I wrote would get a bungalow, cottage to have that back. But overall........ just a HUGE PLACE......... not certain if I want ALL THAT....... would like to get away from that....... except for water in the back of course and not every home we saw has good expanded views.. some are inlets and you see lil or see the boat docks. Not complaining, just describing.

SFHS and Lambert as I wrote, very good H.S.'s but a touch out there, even 10 minutes adds... cause where do you stop... cause for then just another 5-10min. you can have.........
Just funnin',, but Forsyth just a lil out there and still so much to develop there and who knows how it will play out ???

Crooked Creek....... yup could be turnover right now...... empty nesters out........ more families in.
And middle of no where.......... that is EXACTLY what Zillow popped up when I entered neighborhoods with an added 'middle of no where' Crooked Creek popped up !!
Just funnin'........ but middle of no where appeals
We are headed there tomorrow to see some homes, will be telling...... a quick no or maybe at least.

Old 01-03-2020, 05:01 PM

492 posts, read 528,308 times
Did you look at Halcyon on exit 12 and the homes in Halcyon. Halcyon is a mixed use development with shopping, dining and entertainment and it is right off of 400..

Old 01-03-2020, 05:13 PM

Yes did, nice homes clean, nice....... good areas as well, shopping etc.

But
(1) exit 12 too far...... we have to stop somewhere so 11 we stop...
(2) homes right on top of each other and cookie cutter and again 'right on top of each other'...... left that in Brooklyn.

Great area for a lot of people........ but for us right now......... didn't fit.

But thank you N.A for the heads up, thank you !

Last edited by MichaelNYC; 01-03-2020 at 05:37 PM..

Old 01-06-2020, 01:00 PM

Oops N.A. my bad... exit 12 isn't out of the question as we toured Crooked Creek and it was oops exit 12 and doable......... live and learn from my negatting exit 12 to you, sorry N.A. apologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric 0_0 View Post
Crooked Creek and White Columns would fit your criteria and price range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAtlanta View Post
Did you look at Halcyon on exit 12 and the homes in Halcyon. Halcyon is a mixed use development with shopping, dining and entertainment and it is right off of 400..

Old 01-06-2020, 01:43 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,096,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelNYC View Post
Oops N.A. my bad... exit 12 isn't out of the question as we toured Crooked Creek and it was oops exit 12 and doable......... live and learn from my negatting exit 12 to you, sorry N.A. apologies
I was wondering - it’s like a mile away from Exit 12.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta