Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 01:41 PM

817 posts, read 2,003,632 times

Advertisements

Hey, learning the area

(just funnin')

And with locations......... so often everything is just 1 mile, 5 minutes, 2 miles, 10 minutes away.......... have to put a stop plug somewhere....... or not

At this point, open......... another exit or two.

Now for some feedback from touring some areas.

(1) mentioned going to Windward, specifically Spinnaker area for cottages on the lake,
While YES as some For Sale signs say $1 million dollar views and some, not all, are...... Mrs said no to the cottages, well the ones currently on the market. Not updated at all..... but priced higher than those just previosly sold and updated. Hope they don't wonder why their house is sitting on the market. Will keep an eye on homes coming on the market around the lake in our price range as the market picks up

(2) views 4 homes In Crooked Creek........ very nice.....we both liked the development.
As one buyer we ran into mentioned........ he rents with his family in Windwood and said once out of each WW section you are in...... quickly turns into a larger, major road, which connects WW all around ........ as opposed to Crooked Creek where the entire neighborhood are simple easy going low speed streets...... he meant no problem letting his kids bike all around CC as opposed to Windward, good point.

Liked one home in CC specifically....... but have to explore more areas in Milton, other developments.
I have the Milton website that shows each Milton development and number of homes there. As I pointed out we wanted more homes for more kids for our son. Many just 7-10-12 home developments... funny they are called developments on their own.... we have same here in Charleston.
Will search out developments with more homes and see what we find, without a gate as CC has.
I am no thrilled to be in a gated community.... but it does offer, Crooked Creek, things we like and will 'accept' the gate. While we will get in easily as a resident.. I see a guest might easily get stuck behind multiple cars and commercial tricks and wait and wait and wait.... would not like to put friends through that.

But overall happy with Milton.

We shall see more of Milton and Alpharetta as welll.

Thanks for reading

Last edited by MichaelNYC; 01-06-2020 at 01:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2020, 02:48 PM

1,145 posts, read 4,212,034 times
I think you have a great option with Crooked Creek. I also like the idea of the big community with pool, tennis courts, etc. I work just south of there and you have plenty of shopping within a 3 mile radius.

Is the gate electronic or with a manned guard? I would too be annoyed with an electronic gate- and studies show they do nothing for crime rates. But a manned gate helps with crime.

Also, keep in mind Cambridge HS won’t have much diversity and will have a ton of wealth, so expect a lot of “well my friend Chad drives a BMW” from your kid

Old 01-06-2020, 05:47 PM

No matter what your kid has, possesses ........... you get the ol'.. Dad.. but Johnny has this, Connor has that.
I get that now from mine.
He says Connor has a ping pong table...... why can't I get one ?
I say, what is currently in your play room now aka the frog... a nice 400sq ft I will add
Pool table, foosball table, nok-hockey, air-hockey, 55" tv......... hellooooooooooo
btw... I do not spoil my kid........ all the above were used and he has to deserve the time to use any of them with his friends and only if it is raining or if they played outside enough time.
But 100% I get it GB99 and also once they get older........... worse
I told my son.......... you will go to what ever college you can afford
You will drive my 2012 Honda Pilot which I will pass onto you.......... or you can drive what ever you can afford as well
My 1st car was a VW Beetle '71 I bought used for $950....... had 90,000 miles on it I got it to 165,000 miles

With regard to CC, guard at front gate 24/7/365.
Back gate only electronic.
Both gates open for residents in like a second.... speedy...... and closes in another second.... so no slipping in behind you
Supposedly the home prices increased once they instituted a gate.
I would accept it if I wanted the development.
CC is exit 12B....... Cumming I think starts 12A so will look into that.... heard about Vickery Village.

Old 01-06-2020, 06:33 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,928,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelNYC View Post
CC is exit 12B....... Cumming I think starts 12A so will look into that.... heard about Vickery Village.

Vickery is beautiful, some gorgeous architecture there. The lots are smaller though, it's a very 'new urbanism' design.

Old 01-06-2020, 06:50 PM

Thanks J.M.

I do see the homes are 'close' to each other... from viewing some on-line.
Am hoping some areas are not that close.
If so......... then bah bye
Mrs likes urbanism design........... I on the other hand (1) like other designs...... but (2) my opinion is not relevant as I do not count......... I simply write the checks....... I go by....... as long as my wife is happy I am happy... works for me
Speaking of working..... she busts her butt at McKesson....... I am retired.... I'm happy
Plus... I'm a GUY.......... only thing that counts is the basement...... it is known...... that is MY territory ..... trespassers will be shot...... survivors........ shot again

Old 01-06-2020, 07:57 PM

1,709 posts, read 3,425,005 times
A vote for Roswell here.

All these areas are nice I just feel Roswell has a little more character. While Alpharetta feels a little more Truman Show.

Old 01-07-2020, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
A vote for Roswell here.

All these areas are nice I just feel Roswell has a little more character. While Alpharetta feels a little more Truman Show.
Let's all agree.. ALL the areas are nice

But as pointed out, we narrowed it down to Alpharetta. Milton

ATL-G 'little more character' as in please ?

Old 01-10-2020, 05:31 AM

347 posts, read 379,914 times
Alpharetta will net you closer to the highway, work ( possibly - if you work in the area ) and just proximity to the food.

Milton - sigh, I absolutely love Milton. It's a little unique in the sense that they purposefully keep Milton "country" ( they even have signs of "keep milton country" ). It's quiet. For me, Milton provides a nice respite from the day to day of work etc, and it's still 10-15 minutes away from food, shopping, etc.

You DO have to look out for hitting deer and turkeys, however.

Old 01-10-2020, 05:57 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,241,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormhammer View Post
Alpharetta will net you closer to the highway, work ( possibly - if you work in the area ) and just proximity to the food.

Milton - sigh, I absolutely love Milton. It's a little unique in the sense that they purposefully keep Milton "country" ( they even have signs of "keep milton country" ). It's quiet. For me, Milton provides a nice respite from the day to day of work etc, and it's still 10-15 minutes away from food, shopping, etc.

And there are coyote sightings, etc.

The other great thing about Milton is 1 acre minimum zoning so you attract a lot of wildlife. I’ve seen everything from the aforementioned coyotes to deer, possum, raccoon, chipmunk, squirrel, and many different birds from cardinals to hummingbirds.

Note you pay a city tax above and beyond Fulton taxes so there’s a bit of a cost that comes with it, but so quiet and peaceful.

Old 01-10-2020, 03:54 PM

To SH and MJ68

Yesssssssssss that is what I so appreciate about Milton....... I like the 1 lane road.
We have a multi-3-lane main road here......... I so many times take the alternate 1 lane road to get to the same place.
Passing homes, trees, parks etc. peaceful and so much appreciated.

Alpharetta where ever you live you have to drive to one of those multi-lane roads... Old Milton Pkwy, Haynes, Encore, Northpoint etc etc.

Give me Milton.

Mrs works for McKesson at Sanctuary Park in Alpharetta so not bad a commute from Milton and does not have to go into the office daily.

Yes I am aware of the Fulton taxes and considered Forsyth Cty...... but just too far out there, an extra few minutes be it 10, 15 just doesn't cut it.

Keep Milton Country !

Here in Charleston we live in what is called The Low Country

Deer, turkeys, varmints.......... we have them here.
I have deer in my backyard all the time.
When my son leaves for the schoolbus in the a.m. when it is still dark they are on our front yard... then later in the daylight move to our backyard... and on the roads at night when we drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormhammer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
And there are coyote sightings, etc.

The other great thing about Milton is 1 acre minimum zoning so you attract a lot of wildlife. I’ve seen everything from the aforementioned coyotes to deer, possum, raccoon, chipmunk, squirrel, and many different birds from cardinals to hummingbirds.

Note you pay a city tax above and beyond Fulton taxes so there’s a bit of a cost that comes with it, but so quiet and peaceful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta