Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 11:14 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,764,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I welcome these cameras. If they will get people to slow down and pay attention to how fast they are driving, that is a good thing.

People in this town drive way too fast and way too aggressively.

We've had a good many of these pop up in the Lilburn area.

My only comment about them is I wish there was a signage regulation to go along with them. I think there should be a sign letting you know the camera is coming up with a speed reminder.

I've had a realization that some of the ones in Lilburn are at a private school that looks more like a church and if you're not form the area or forget the exact speed limit, it would be really easy to get caught when you think you're just safely following many other cars, but you didn't realize the guy way ahead of you slowed down for a very small stretch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2021, 09:50 AM

11,778 posts, read 7,989,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post

My only comment about them is I wish there was a signage regulation to go along with them. I think there should be a sign letting you know the camera is coming up with a speed reminder.

I've had a realization that some of the ones in Lilburn are at a private school that looks more like a church and if you're not form the area or forget the exact speed limit, it would be really easy to get caught when you think you're just safely following many other cars, but you didn't realize the guy way ahead of you slowed down for a very small stretch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT_f2Hm8Lxg

Old 05-11-2021, 02:39 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Quote:

Good points, cw. I agree.

Old 01-11-2022, 04:40 AM

10,392 posts, read 11,481,750 times
Default DeKalb County parents, police upset over school zone speeders, push for speed detection cameras

Quote:
DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. — Police departments in DeKalb County say school district officials are continuing to put students’ lives at risk by not putting speed detection cameras in place.

Parents told Channel 2′s Michael Seiden that they aren’t happy a decision hasn’t been made either.

Parents of students at Montgomery Elementary School in Brookhaven say drivers speeding through the area is a major problem.
‘They’re just nuts:’ DeKalb County parents, police upset over school zone speeders (WSB-TV Atlanta)

Old 01-11-2022, 05:08 AM

10,392 posts, read 11,481,750 times
About a month ago, speed enforcement cameras clocked a motorist doing 94 mph through an active school zone where the lights were flashing and the 35 mph school zone speed limit was in effect along Pleasant Hill Road (a busy 6-lane thoroughfare) outside of Duluth Middle School in Gwinnett County.

Quote:
Police say this isn’t the first person caught speeding in a school zone. They told Channel 2′s Tom Regan that they have issued thousands of warnings and fines for people caught on camera driving above the speed limit in school zones.

Officials say that after installing automated school cameras last year, they issued 2,000 warnings in a month at just three schools.

Tickets are now automatically issued to anyone driving 15 miles per hour over the posted speed limit when the lights are flashing.
Speeding driver clocked going 94 MPH in Duluth school zone (WSB-TV Atlanta)

At the time that the story aired, Duluth Police would not comment on whether or not the driver seen in the video speeding excessively and dangerously through an active school zone had been identified and cited.

Old 01-11-2022, 01:49 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,972,063 times
Quote:

That's what Waze is for . Saved me quite a few times with these speed cameras. Some folks are just bold and fly right through them. But I agree with you, there should be signs warning of speed cameras just like there are for red light cameras.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta