Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 01:07 PM

666 posts, read 515,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
You were actually fairly close to the Smyrna location:

4574 South Cobb Drive
Smyrna 30080

I fell in love with Jim N' Nicks during an extended stay for work in Birmingham several years ago, they're great! Also some of the best fried catfish ever.
Jim n Nicks is the Applebees of bbq. The biscuits are great and the food not too bad... But you can make anything good if you use enough butter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2020, 02:41 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,431,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfmx1 View Post
Jim n Nicks is the Applebees of bbq. The biscuits are great and the food not too bad... But you can make anything good if you use enough butter.
I'd say the Cheesecake Factory of BBQ. Jim N' Nicks have their act together, and don't fail nearly as hard as the once popular chain serving our beloved boneless wings and loaded pizza sticks.

You want one that isn't a chain? Rodney's, at 4724 Dallas Acworth Highway, Dallas, GA 30132

https://www.rodneysbbqandcatering.com/Menu

Old 02-19-2020, 03:04 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,919,548 times
Quote:
Maybe when the majority of the food at Jim N' Nicks comes in frozen, sealed pouches that's delivered from a central commissary several States away I may agree. But for a chain, I think they're excellent.

Old 02-19-2020, 04:00 PM

3,715 posts, read 3,694,077 times
Quote:
I second this! The one time I went, everything was Sooooooo salty too

Old 02-19-2020, 04:02 PM

3,715 posts, read 3,694,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Maybe when the majority of the food at Jim N' Nicks comes in frozen, sealed pouches that's delivered from a central commissary several States away I may agree. But for a chain, I think they're excellent.
Believe it or not, having worked at an Applebee's while going through college, everything is made from scratch. Perhaps calorie laden and uninspired, but it is made from scratch. Trust me, it surprised me too....

Old 02-19-2020, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid3785 View Post
Believe it or not, having worked at an Applebee's while going through college, everything is made from scratch. Perhaps calorie laden and uninspired, but it is made from scratch. Trust me, it surprised me too....
Now, Panera...

Old 02-19-2020, 04:23 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,919,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid3785 View Post

My bad, I must have been thinking of Olive Garden! I haven't been in an Applebee's since my parents drug me into one in Florida more than 20 years ago. I have no desire to return.

Old 02-20-2020, 07:49 AM

666 posts, read 515,130 times
Don't get me wrong I love alot at Jim n Nicks, but when I started visiting "real" BBQ joints I realized that I liked it because of salt, butter, cheese, and their sauce.

I used to live next to one and went at least once a week...

And yeah, I can concede that it's more like the Cheesecake Factory of bbq restaurants. And I still like Cheesecake Factory too!

Old 02-20-2020, 11:41 AM

It's interesting to collect a bunch of different points of view regarding what exactly constitutes a "real" BBQ restaurant:

- No franchises
- No laminated menus
- No "A" sanitation grade
- No card machine (cash only)

If you know any other good / funny ones, please add!

Old 02-20-2020, 11:53 AM

2,306 posts, read 2,992,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
It's interesting to collect a bunch of different points of view regarding what exactly constitutes a "real" BBQ restaurant:

- No franchises
- No laminated menus
- No "A" sanitation grade
- No card machine (cash only)

If you know any other good / funny ones, please add!
taxidermy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta