Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2020, 09:32 AM

41 posts, read 79,446 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

My wife and I live in Cumming. We are seriously considering a move to Woodstock, particularly Bradshaw Farm development off East Cherokee. Can anyone tell me pros and cons of living in this general area?

Commuting would not be such an issue for us as we both work from home several days a week.

It appears to us that Woodstock is experiencing growth, but not at a crazy and rapid pace like here in Forsyth County where every time you turn around, yet another development is popping up creating overpopulation and more traffic.

Please let us know your perspectives as to the pros and cons of living there, and what you think the future holds for Woodstock.

Thank you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2020, 09:57 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,701,240 times
Cherokee County is experiencing crazy rapid growth too. Both it and Forsyth County grew by 7,000 people from 2017 to 2018.

*What exactly are you looking for in terms of amenities (stores, restaurants, etc.)?

*With you working from home several days per week, is being close to employment centers important?

*Do you want to be near the mountains and lakes?

*Are good/excellent schools a priority?

*Are you seeking a small town/city feel, or more of the typical suburbia?

If you want some but much slower growth and a community similar to Woodstock, there are communities in other parts of Metro Atlanta that may be better options.

Old 02-10-2020, 12:59 PM

3,715 posts, read 3,698,572 times
Overall I like Woodstock. It's got the nice downtown, highway access, outlet mall, parts with good schools, etc.

The area you are looking at is kinda of out there, and not close to many amenities and the highway.....that will either be a pro or a con for you. While highway 92 has some good amenities......it's a pain to have to cross and access on the regular. Meaning if you need to use it occasionally it's okay, but if I needed to access it 3+ times/wk, I think it would be headache inducing.

So overall I think it's a good place, I think it really depends on what your expectations are and what you want to get out of it?

Old 02-10-2020, 06:33 PM

16,696 posts, read 29,515,591 times
Bradshaw Farm is in Hickory Flat. Residents and businesses in Hickory Flat either have a Canton address or a Woodstock address.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hickory_Flat,_Georgia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hickor...rgia#Zip_codes
https://goo.gl/maps/MMX1G1j67b1kyrcb8

Old 02-11-2020, 06:59 AM

816 posts, read 994,403 times
I would consider Bradshaw Farms to be more Canton than Woodstock. Either way, both areas are growing like crazy. Developments are popping up all around here, and traffic seems to be increasing. If you're looking for an area that is quieter and experiencing less growth than Cumming, Southern Cherokee County is definitely not it. You'd have to go north of I-20 for that.

On the other hand, if the growth doesn't bother you (like myself), Bradshaw Farms is a beautiful subdivision with beautiful homes, and in a good school district (if that matters to you). If you are looking for something similar, but in Woodstock proper, check out the Towne Lake area (where I reside). Subdivisions and homes are on par with Bradshaw, and also in a good school district.

As far as what I personally think the future holds for Woodstock, I think it will become similar to North Fulton (great schools, higher property values). We moved here and bought our home in 2016, and have already seen the value of our home increase drastically. Cherokee County Schools seem to be getting better and better every year.

Old 02-16-2020, 08:30 PM

2,218 posts, read 4,370,988 times
Woodstock is a great town! We have been living here for over 10 years and we really enjoy the area. But, we live about 2 miles from downtown Woodstock. Bradshaw Farm is pretty far from Woodstock. You would not have convenient access to all the things that make Woodstock so great: the shops and restaurants downtown, the parks, the trails, the ampitheater, the outlet mall. Also, the neighborhood is a long way from the freeway, and Cherokee Drive (and Main Street getting to/from Cherokee Drive) can get pretty badly backed up during rush hour.

Old 04-26-2021, 03:34 AM

10,396 posts, read 11,493,034 times
Default Woodstock named 3rd best suburb in America to move to in 2021

Quote:
WOODSTOCK, Ga. - A metro Atlanta city has been ranked among the best American suburbs to move to in 2021.

Homes.com says that Woodstock, Georgia is the third-best suburb in the country if you're looking to pick up and start planting new roots.
Metro Atlanta city named 3rd best suburb to move to in 2021 (FOX 5 Atlanta)

The Best U.S. Suburbs to Move to in 2021 (Homes.com)

Old 04-26-2021, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
Could explain the buying frenzy, particularly in the Towne Lake subdivisions. My neighbors and I are getting letters left in our mail box from realtors, asking if we would consider selling our homes for top dollar.

Old 04-26-2021, 03:08 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,493,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecluder617 View Post
Could explain the buying frenzy, particularly in the Towne Lake subdivisions. My neighbors and I are getting letters left in our mail box from realtors, asking if we would consider selling our homes for top dollar.
Yep.

I wouldn’t be surprised if many of those letters were being motivated by both many affluent Californians and many affluent Northeasterners looking to relocate to Georgia and by hedge funds and REITs (real estate investment trust funds) looking to get their hands on what have now become prime pieces of residential real estate in a hotly competitive real estate market in many areas.

Last edited by Born 2 Roll; 04-26-2021 at 03:27 PM..

Old 04-27-2021, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
Yep.

I wouldn’t be surprised if many of those letters were being motivated by both many affluent Californians and many affluent Northeasterners looking to relocate to Georgia and by hedge funds and REITs (real estate investment trust funds) looking to get their hands on what have now become prime pieces of residential real estate in a hotly competitive real estate market in many areas.
Oh I'm sure that is the case. One of the letters we received actually had a photo of the young couple that was looking to buy in our neighborhood, complete with a "tugging at the heart strings" story about their background and why they're looking to settle down in our area. I mean, I get the strategy. If that letter ends up in, lets say, 300 mail boxes, I'm sure someone will bite and consider selling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta