Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2020, 05:20 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,707,175 times

Advertisements

It could lead to the city landing a Coastal Plains League team similar to the Macon Bacons or Savannah Bananas.

It would be a public-private partnership with a group called "Newnan Grand Slam, LLC" and it's being described as a mini "The Battery."

If everything goes as planned, it could be open by Spring 2021.

https://times-herald.com/news/2020/0...ion-for-newnan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2020, 07:37 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,500,133 times
This is yet more good news that Atlanta's Southern Crescent is continuing to attract the kinds of economic and real estate development opportunities that seemingly often used to overlook the Southside.

I have little doubt that Newnan's status as a robust hub of television and film production likely has played a role in helping to attract this type of high-profile real estate development opportunities.

Old 04-15-2021, 04:50 AM

561 posts, read 338,522 times
Developer seeks Newnan annexation of 42 acres for mixed-use project

Quote:
An Atlanta-area developer is asking Newnan to annex 42 acres it hopes to turn into a massive mixed-use development that would bring more than 1 million square feet of residential, office and retail space to an undeveloped area east of the city’s downtown.

Old 04-15-2021, 06:16 AM

10,396 posts, read 11,500,133 times
One interesting note is that the interchange where that project is being developed (at I-85 and Poplar Road) is only about 5 or so years old.

The I-85/Poplar Road interchange was built to provide access to and from the young campus of Piedmont Newnan Hospital (which itself is only about 9 years old and is located on the southeast corner of the I-85/Poplar Road interchange directly across Poplar Road from the site of the new development in question) but unsurprisingly is generating additional land development projects in the area.

Old 04-15-2021, 07:08 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,707,175 times
This is separate from the project in the OP, BTW. Specifically, according to the lans presented to Newnan's City Council, it will include 73,000 sq. ft. of retail and 673,000 sq. ft. of Class 1 Office Space.

Al in all, it's a nice project that hopefully the southern suburbs will start to get more of this economic expansion cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
One interesting note is that the interchange where that project is being developed (at I-85 and Poplar Road) is only about 5 or so years old.

The I-85/Poplar Road interchange was built to provide access to and from the young campus of Piedmont Newnan Hospital (which itself is only about 9 years old and is located on the southeast corner of the I-85/Poplar Road interchange directly across Poplar Road from the site of the new development in question) but unsurprisingly is generating additional land development projects in the area.
I-85 / Poplar Road was always poised to explode with development, since I-85 / Bullsboro Drive has long been at full build out. The fact that we were at the end of the previous economic expansion cycle and then the COVID recession happened left developers a bit too uncomfortable about breaking ground on any projects until now.

It'll be interesting to see what retail development happens at the interchange too. On the other side of I-85, there's 100+ acres of available land to develop.

Old 04-15-2021, 11:28 AM

43 posts, read 71,321 times
Those roads to the east of I-85 are poised to be a traffic nightmare. It's a two lane road with a bunch of new subdivisions going in from there towards Sharpsburg/Peachtree City and it looks like little is being done to adjust for the growth in traffic. No turn lanes and no passing lanes. This is in addition to the people who use these roads to avoid the backed up traffic on 34 that goes between Newnan and Peachtree City. Lots of people(myself included) zig zag through these roads and at times they get really backed up. It's going to be a real mess when all these new homes get finished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta